48. Run Away

Antonio's POV

Antonio's POV

There was something on Mike's mind that he was thinking of but didn't want to tell me. Rather than pester him about it, I'll let him think about whatever he needs to. Judging by how conflicting his eyes are dating back and forth look, he'll need a bit of time to figure things out.

I planted my head on Mike's bed and tried taking a nap but I couldn't. So I just extended my left arm and stared down at the beautiful ring he gave me earlier. The Lexington seal was engraved on the side with a gem in the center. I don't know how much Mike spent on this ring, but I get the feeling it's a lot.

Now I'm feeling cheap that I gave Mike a ring I didn't spend money on. But hold on! This ring was given to me by Ms. Bella. She herself is an important figure to me. The ring she gave me is meant to be given to someone important to me. Therefore, Mike is the perfect candidate. He deserves the ring. Because it means something special to me.

Mike came out of his bathroom after taking a shower. All he wore was a towel around his waist. His chest was shiny with condensation. Still, even after seeing him many times, his body continues to amaze me.

"Take a picture, why don't cha?" Mike said as he stood in front of me. Now his body was much closer to me.

"Mind if I touch?" I asked. I guess Mike didn't understand that I meant to touch his chest because he dropped his towel and his Jr. sprang out.

"Oh, you meant..." Mike became red and bent down to pick up his towel and readjusted it around his waist.

Mike hopped onto the bed, not bothering to wear anything. All I was wearing was some of his loose shorts and a huge shirt. He was the big spoon and draped his right arm over me. He thrusted a bit forward. Reciprocating, I grinded back a bit to meet him.

"I just took a shower. I don't wanna become sweaty again." He whispered in my ear.

"Just one more time. Before the day ends." I said back. Mike became silent. His fingers on my chest grabbed the shirt closer to him.

I think Mike is back in his thinking zone. "I came up with an idea earlier."

"What is it?" I asked.

There was silence for a while until he spoke. "Nevermind. It sounds insane."

Whatever he was thinking of sounds urgent. "You can tell me. I'll hear you out." I said to him, putting my right hand over his. My fingers rubbed Mike's hand softly.

"I-I was thinking. If they won't let us be together here, how about we be together somewhere else?" He softly spoke into my ear.

"Are you suggesting we run away?" I asked. I haven't thought about the idea of running away. I couldn't imagine ever doing that, if I'm being honest.

"It's just an idea, Ant. We don't have to decide anything now. But I'm willing to abandon everything. My parents, inheritance, friends, all of it, just to be with you."

"I'm not sure if I want to leave. I've lived here all my life. It's all I know. What if the world doesn't like me or us?" I asked.

Mike kissed my temple. "That's why I'll be with you. Just as long as I'm with you, you'll at least have one person who supports everything you do."

"Where would we even get the money from? And where would we run?" I asked. There's so many factors that come when running away.

"I have some savings I can access. And my parents own properties all over the country. I'll be able to find us somewhere where people won't be able to find us. What d'you think?" He said. I flipped my body over to meet his.

Lunging forward, my kiss was a confirmation of our plan. "I can ask Ms. Bella for some money. Oh! But what about school!? I can't abandon my studies!"

"I'll find us the perfect place! Picture it, Ant. A beautiful home where the two of us can live forever. We'll have kids, a farm, and you could go to a college nearby! How's that sound?" Mike asked. I nuzzled into his hard chest and giggled.

"It sounds like my kind of life! How many kids would we have?" I eagerly asked him.

"I was thinking three. Two boys, one girl."

"Why two boys?" I asked.

"So the two can protect our daughter." He replied.

"I was thinking we could raise them both to stand up for themselves. Give them fighting lessons." I said. Mike hugged me tightly.

"See. You're already making a good dad! Oh, Ant! I can't wait for us to grow up." He exclaimed. "So does that mean you're agreeing to run away with me?" He asked.

I pondered the idea for a while. I would be leaving Manny behind. Dina. Dolores. They don't really need me for much, but they're special figures in my life. But when I look at Mike, I know my future is certain with him. No matter where, I'll be by his side because that's what we vowed to do.

"Can we come visit my family?" I asked.

"Of course! I would never deprive you of your family."

I stared into Mike's blue eyes. I really looked into them. I did some soul searching. Sure enough, there's no hesitation anywhere. He's truly in love with me.

"Yeah! I'll run away with you!" I said.

"Perfect!" Mike tongue kissed me. "We'll start to plan everything."

The day was coming. I don't know when it was going to be time to leave everything. I'm scared for my future. Everything can go wrong in an instant. However, I want this. I want to spend my life with Mike. I want to kiss him everyday. I want to hug him in our own home. I want to tell him I love him when we wake up and when we go to sleep.

And we could do all that as soon as we leave.

Out west? South? Canada? Europe? Who cares! We just gotta get out of Newport and move with our lives.

I'll be holding on for the next few weeks. With the fight coming up, the gangs are going to be on high alert. I don't even think it's a good idea for us to be in Mike's house right now. I'm in enemy territory.

Though, Mike laying down next to me, as he plays with my hair and circles his fingers on my torso, I made the right choice. I chose love rather than hate. I just wished everyone else understood that.

But no one will understand. So rather than stay here and suffer repercussions for something I can't control, we'll leave with our love in mind.

I knew Mike was going to change my life. Never expected for us to reach the point where we are now planning and running away.

------

last upload of 2022... gonna miss this year.

but bigger things are coming in 2023 and i can't wait to show you all!!

<3