27. Sinister

Michael’s POV

Michael’s POV

It’s almost Halloween. A holiday I used to enjoy back when I was younger. My parents would buy me a costume to which Ms. Bella, my babysitter, would dress me up. I went to school wearing one of the best outfits of all. And when nightfall came, that’s when my pranking would start.

With the help of others, we would go around and leash hell onto the east side, our side. It started with throwing eggs and TP but we moved on to much more diabolical ways. Such as throwing paint and burning lawns. 

Our antics went up when we joined the Saint vs. Jewel war. Since then, our pranks have shifted to the west side. From then, our pranks were borderline crimes like breaking their cars or burning their stores.

However, I plan on not doing that this year. Ever since Antonio, it’s like I have no desire to harm the residents of the west. Mainly because if I were to ever attack another brown kid, I would imagine it’s Antonio. This year, it’s just dressing up, going to the dance, and getting my weekly kiss.

This whole week has been full of nerves. Halloween lands on a Friday this year. And thus the dance will be on a Friday, a perfect transition for the weekend. While some will be getting candy, the rest will be getting drunk in the gym and hooking up on the dance floor. Can’t say I’m not guilty of that last part.

Gym class had just ended. Nobody did anything since it started raining and the ground was wet. From one side of the gym, I lightly waved to Ant. The girl next to him- the one who was with him when he got attacked- gave me a glare. Ant just rolled his eyes and pushed her away. As the class exited the gym for lunch, I signaled Ant to under the bleachers. I stayed back and waited until the gym was cleared.

“Sorry for her. She’s been on my ass since she found out about us.” Ant said when he met me under the bleachers. I took his hand and held the soft porcelain.

“It’s understandable. Listen, I have a question.” I said to him. I leaned on the metal rods holding up the seats. “Are you going to the dance?” I asked.

Ant was standing there thinking about it. “Gee. I don’t know. Dances have never been my thing.” He said. 

“If you don’t want to go, it’s fine. But it would be nice for you to go.” I said. Ant stayed silent, probably thinking about going.

“Manny’s most likely going to put protection on me again.” 

“True. But we always find a way to be in each other’s arms, Ant. Just think about it.” I said. 

“I’ll go! Just for you, Mike.” He tiptoed up and kissed me. 

“Can I ask what your costume will be?” I asked.