33. Paranoid

Antonio’s POV

Antonio’s POV

The week started with me limping everywhere I went. Manny asked me what was wrong with me, but I couldn’t tell him I got fucked. So I just said I did some stretching exercises. He seemed to buy it. He also asked why there were so many used blankets. Once again, I lied and said that I spilled something on them. 

Manny explained to me how the trip was. According to him, our family fell in love with Dolores. She won them over when she was able to chug three beers in a row and recite the pledge of allegiance, backwards. Yeah, she’s awesome.

Now Manny is waiting for the right moment to propose. He explained to me that he wants to do it after his fight with Jack. He says this because he knows he’s going to be injured during this fight and wants to propose to Dolores while he’s being taken care of.

What else has happened this week? College application season is almost here. I originally wasn’t going to apply to anything but Ms. Bella said she was going to pay for my tuition. So maybe I’ll apply to some places and hope I get into something good.

Oh, and I gave Mike a blowjob in the bathroom at school on Thursday. We met there and he said how he missed me. I considered it his weekly gift from me. I just realized, this could be the way I could pay back Mike for everything he’s given me. Though I think it’s on the borderline of prostitution in some sort of way. 

But we love each other. I’ll whore myself to him because that’s how much I love him. Now we have to wait for any free day when we can hook up.

“ANTONIO!” Manny yelled out for me. I was enjoying laying in bed and doing nothing but now I have to get up on a Saturday. I got out of bed and passed over the stray clothes on the floor. It's a Saturday, I'm not gonna do chores. That's for later.

“Que?” I groaned out. I could tell my hair was messy. I had a nice dream about Mike last night. I slept in, probably too long.

Manny held a large orange envelope. You know, the ones that people take when someone gets sued. “Te vino esto para ti. (This came for you.)” He said. He handed me the envelope. Sure enough, my name was written in red pen on the top corner. 

Something told me I shouldn’t open this here. “Kay, thanks!” I ran to my room and clutched the envelope tightly. I put it on the bed and stared at it for a while. Even though the envelope isn't a living thing, it's like it's taunting me, laughing at me.

I ripped open the flap and checked inside. At first, it looked like a stack of paper. But then I pulled them out and dropped them on the floor.

It’s pictures.

Of Mike and I. 

Together. 

The first one is of our date at the carnival. The next is Halloween night when Mike and I snuck away to make out. But the one that scared me the most was taken from my window. This picture was not only taken the week when Manny was gone, but Mike and I were naked and kissing.