54. Buddies

Michael's POV

Michael's POV

Petey was wheezing on the carpet floor while I tried to hold in my laughter as much as possible. Eventually, it all came out because I soon joined him on the floor, rolling around and trying to get my breath back.

"Re-Remember what he did when the car ended up in the lake?" Petey laughed and wheezed out.

"He started crying and pounding his fists on his chest!" We both hollered out laughing again.

Once we felt we had calmed down, Petey and I made eye contact again and bursted out laughing again.

"Oh, fuck!" I wiped my tears away.

"That day was hilarious. And Harv was never allowed to drive again." Petey added.

I looked down at the photos Petey and I had taken through that past few years. Along the pile were other various items.

One of them was an action figure that Petey and I used to fight over when we were little.

I reached down and picked another item up. "Why are these here?" I asked.

"Cause those are memories of when we lost our virginities!" Petey went and grabbed the two empty condom wrappers from my hand.

We both had a nostalgic feel over us. Years of friendship has led us to the point where we are. I definitely see Petey being in my life until we're both old, gray, and crunchy.

I continued to look at the picture while Petey went behind me and looked around my room. I heard him opening some drawers and closing them.

"What's this?" He asked. I turned and saw him holding the ring Ant gave me on our wedding day.

"It's my wedding ring from Ant." Petey's eyes bulged from their sockets.

"Wedding? Like, as in you two exchanged vows and all?" He asked.

"Yeah! It was so romantic. Totally out of the blue."

"And I wasn't invited?" Petey kinda looked hurt.

"It was an on-the-spot idea we had. But I of course would like you to be my best man when the time comes for me to get married." I reassured my best friend.

"You're really leaving, huh?" Petey came down and his mood had shifted. He sat on the bed next to me and fiddled with his fingers.

"I know it's gonna be a new change. But I'm doing this for me. I'm done trying to please my mom and dad. I'm done with the whole 'Them vs. Us' kinda thing. I just want to leave and be with the person I love." I ended my rant by holding Ant's ring in my hand and admiring it.

"But you better call! Got it!" Petey began crying and hugged me. I cried with him too.

"I'll call you once Ant and I move into our new home. Just don't tell anyone where we live."

"Of course, man. I've kept all your secrets safe." Petey has indeed been loyal to me. There's so much he's hiding to keep not just me but Ant safe too. I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

"Did you and Antonio consummate the marriage?" Petey asked with a small sly voice.

"Yep!" I gleefully told him.

"I wanna have my own wedding now!"

"I'm sure you'll find the right person soon. The next Mrs. James." I announced.

Petey stood up and grabbed out water glasses. He handed me one and he kept the other.

"Cheers. To new futures and being buddies forever!" We clinked out glasses and sipped on his.

Petey and I kept eye contact while sipping before spitting our water out and another round of laughter ensued.

------

watching the white lotus right now

<3