40. Family Friend

Avalon’s POV

Avalon’s POV

Weird things have been happening in Newport for a few months. There’s a weird atmosphere that has covered the city in a blanket of fog that’s been blinding us all and preventing us from seeing what’s truly here.

It’s a gut feeling. I’ve talked to some people about this. Everyone just chalks it up to me being worried about the upcoming battle of the leaders. However, that’s not it. 

For example, Petey has been giving his girlfriend tulips! TULIPS! There’s no florist that sells tulips. People grow them, sure. But where is Petey getting these tulips from? 

Also, Mike. Mike is currently an enigma. I’m not the only one who’s noticed this. It’s the talk among the girls. We all think that he’s found a girlfriend. It would explain why he’s been so happy recently and always smiling. I like that he’s found someone. It used to be so bad back then. He hooked up with several girls and never talked to them back. He was quite the heartbreaker.

Now, his hook ups have stopped. And so have his Jewel duties. I’ve noticed he doesn’t participate in meetings anymore. He’s off doing something else. I hope he leaves the gang. He has too much to live for. 

“Hey, babe.” Archie said to me. I sat next to him in Jack’s home, he was smoking a blunt. “Can you do me a favor?” He put his hand on my shoulder. I shivered. I’m only with him because his father sells boats and I want to get a discount for my dad.

“Yeah, Archie?” With his red ass hair. Looking like Archie Andrews from the comic. Whoever named him Archie knew what they were doing.

“Can you go to Mike’s and get him here? Jack says we have a meeting coming up.” He said. He wasn’t gonna do it because he’s high. 

It was odd to run into Mike earlier. We’ve known each other since diapers. And I can confidently say that Mike in the shopping district is off. The only store he goes into is my parents’ clothing store. I think he's home right now. Where else would he be on a Sunday? 

I got a taxi and made it to his front gates. I knew the password and entered. The hidden key was hidden inside a flower pot. I entered the living room but something felt off. It’s too quiet. And the halls were echoing a silent song.

I climbed the stairs, careful to not make any loud noise. I stood outside Mike’s door and heard small giggles and a song playing. 

I opened the door and was met with a terrifying sight. There was Mike holding hands with someone and tilting them back, kissing them. Wait... That’s a guy! Wait. That’s Antonio Garcia!

“HOLY SHIT!” I yelled. They both turned to look at me and gasped. Mike ended up dropping Antonio while I fell back and blacked out.

My eyes opened to a worried Mike looking down at me. His blue eyes got wider when he noticed I was waking up.