11. Jazz

Michael’s POV

Michael’s POV

Antonio and I split apart upon hearing the yells of several people. We began to walk in the opposite direction. 

“WAIT!” I said to him. He turned to see me. “One last kiss?” I asked. 

“Of course.” He said. We ran into each other’s arms and landed our lips together. I don’t know when I’ll be able to kiss him again. So it’s better to kiss now.

“Okay. Now we can go.” I said.

“See you later, Mike.” He waved at me.

“Until then, Ant.” We turned and ran in the opposite direction from under the bleachers. I looked and saw a large group of dancers huddled around while a screaming match went on.

I moved my way into the middle.

“Dude, what’s going on?” I asked Petey who was on his way to the middle.

“Jack got into it with Manuel.” He said. We saw Jack and Manuel screaming at each other, both being held back by their members of their gang.

“Tell your spics to stop harassing us!” Jack screamed.

“Well next time don’t cheat, you fucking Yankee!” Manuel screamed back.

“Why you-” Jack jumped and tried to jump Manuel but I swooped in and quickly grabbed him back. His blonde hair was now tousled and his cheeks red with anger.

“Jack. Pipe down. We’re leaving.” I said. I began to drag Jack while he continued to yell at the Saints. I turned to see Antonio who gave me an approving smile for stopping the attack.

I threw Jack into my red Buick followed by Pete and Bandit. We drove to our hangout and sat to get our shit together.

“Wait, we left Paula!” Jack said, remembering his date.

“Now’s not the time. Why were you at it with Manuel?” I asked.

“Nothing, man! I just asked to keep his beans off our asses!” Jack asserted with a little slur in his voice.

“You have got to stop trying to fight with Manuel. Don’t you remember the rule?” I said to him.

“What rule?” Bandit asked. I forgot he only joined the Jewels last year, so many of the conservative rules put in place years ago are still unknown to him (and frankly to other long-time members).

“The gang leaders are not allowed to fight each other unless an actual duel is settled.” Petey explained.

“But why? Who created that rule?” Bandit asked. 

“To be honest, no one knows. The founders established it when there came an influx of Latinos to the east coast. Gangs were formed and sides were picked. I guess they decided to not make leaders attack because that’s what the Royals are for.” I said.

“Right. I guess that makes sense.” Bandit said.

“So where were you, Michael? I didn’t see you when I got into it with Manuel.” Jack asked me.

‘Oh I was off kissing and falling in love with Manuel’s younger brother, Antonio. Yeah, we like each other.’ is something I DARED not say.

“I-I was in the bathroom.” I stuttered a bit. I could feel my hands sweating so I clenched them. Jack gave me a speculating look.

“If you say so.” He said.

“What does that mean ‘If you say so’?” I asked. 

“Nothing. You don’t have to hide bro.” Jack said. Oh God! They know!

“Um, listen. I can explain!” I said.

“We totally know you were scoring with a dame.” Jack said. I sighed in relief. “Who was she? Peggy? Donna? Delilah?” He kept asking.

None. 

I was kissing Antonio.

------

they finally kissed...

bye! i love you all!

<3