Bonus 6: December

DECEMBER

As the cold rushed into their home, Antonio quickly closed the door and turned on the heater to let the home warm up. He had finished the last of his exams and could now rest, knowing he made it through the first semester of college. 

All that was left was Michael’s final few exams. But he had a few more days until they finished. For now, Ant was going to do everything in his power to make sure that his lover received the best care in preparation. 

Once the home was heated to its right temperature, Ant went towards the phone and called his brother. 

“Hello? Who is this?” He heard Manuel answer. 

“It’s me, Manny.” Ant replied.

“Ah! Tonio! How was class? Did you ace those exams?” His brother asked. 

“I won’t know until next week when the scores come out.” Ant replied. He could hear the cries of a baby on the other line. “And how is Enrique? Is he behaving well?” Ant asked, regarding his nephew. 

“He’s calm most of the time. I think he takes after you. You were so quiet as a baby. He’s been having some fun with the toys you sent over. Dolores is going to send some pictures over.”

“That’s great. Mike and I will make sure to visit at least during Christmas.” 

“We’ll be waiting for you. We set up your room as we wait for your arrival.” Manny said. Ant smiled to himself as his older brother now began to speak normally without the use of strange words. 

Ever since Manny had abolished his gang, he’s been more focused on school and being a great dad. He still has some ways to go, but waking up to his wife and his son in his arms brings him joy. He did everything right. 

“How is Mike treating you? I hope that man isn’t hurting you.” Manny warned. Despite meeting Mike many times, he doesn’t exactly have a perfect picture of him. He’ll always worry about his younger brother. 

“Mike is treating me amazingly. No need to worry. How are Rafa and the others doing?” Ant asked. 

“Since the Saints are no more, they’ve focused their efforts on restoration. Rafa has begun to get along with some of the easterners. The others are still weary, but we’re getting there. They’ve even begun to rebuild a few homes that were demolished a while back.”

Ant smiled to himself, knowing that his hometown was slowly starting to rebuild itself. After a few more updates, Ant and Manny hung up with the promise of another phone call soon.

Now bored, and knowing that he was going to wait another hour until Mike comes home, Ant decided to walk around the house for no reason. He walked past by a room that he never really entered. 

This specific room is Mike’s office. It isn’t much, just a simple room with a desk and some books and documents scattered around. 

Ant entered the office, hoping that maybe he could clean it up. All he saw was a mess of papers on the desk. He sat on Mike’s chair and grabbed one of the papers to read. 

“Pennsylvania Expansion Project.” Ant read. He already felt bored looking at the paper. But as his father-in-law, Edmund Lexington, told him, Ant would need to start learning the ropes of the company.

If he was going to be Michael’s secret husband, then he was also going to learn how to work at the corporation. 

He saw another paper with what looked like the Lexington Family seal in the corner. He knew this seal all too well, because it’s engraved onto the ring Mike bought him.