59. Disgust

Michael’s POV

Michael’s POV

Sunday started off as any normal day. I woke up and showered and changed and went to my parents’ office to see what I need to learn. Usually it’s how to negotiate deals and where to find the best business. Today was how to cover up any shady things someone might do in the company. 

My day took a detour when Petey came over. He brought along some snacks that I haven’t had in a while. He found ways to do stupid things no matter what. I love Petey. He’s such an amazing guy who’ll always have my back.

A mysterious phone call came from the house phone. It was, who I assumed to be, Brian, a fellow Jewel. He called to ask- no- demand me come to Jack’s home for something urgent. Petey came along since he has nothing better to do.

The whole way to Jack’s, I felt like something was off. I felt it in my gut, like several punches being thrown. Petey kept trying to tell me it was all in my head, but I always trust my instinct. It’s how I knew Ant was my soul mate.

My gut feeling became solidified when we pulled up to Jack’s driveway. As we walked up, several of the guys were giving me disgusted looks. Some people whispered to each other while looking at me.

Then it hit me. Do they know? Surely they don’t. I mean, I knew about the photos. But would someone actually stoop that low and expose a perfect relationship?

I walked the way to the garage, where Jack has his meetings at. But the whole way there, I felt like everyone was talking about me. And while I’m a chill kind of guy, beads of sweat were forming on my forehead.

Walking into the meeting room, I was met with Jack, who was playing with a Rubix cube behind his desk. He popped bubble gum and was busy with his toy. However, he knows I’m here. The room began to fill with several important members, who either purposefully ignored me or stared at me. Petey stuck to my side, like the best friend he is.

“Jack?” I asked. Jack suddenly stopped with his cube and put it on his table, sliding it away. He spat out his gum, and a new member of the group came and picked it up. 

“Michael.” Jack said back. He straightened himself up and was soon looking at me with disappointment. “So glad you’re here.” He said, though his tone indicates he means else.

“I was told this was urgent. What’s going on?” I asked.

“Oh, I just wanted to ask you about something…” He said and opened his side drawer.

“This couldn’t have waited during school?”

“No. You see,” He finally found it but didn’t pull it out. “...something came to my attention earlier today. And at first, I didn’t believe it.” He looked up, his deep brown eyes staring into me. “But, sorry pal, I guess it’s true.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You’re a faggot, Michael!” Jack spat out. 

“A fag- what?” I yelled.