25. Carnival in Town

Antonio’s POV

Antonio’s POV

“Manny?” I asked when I walked in the house. Manny was busy punching a punching bag as sweat ran down his chiseled body. 

“Que, Tonito?” He asked, grunting as he punched the bag aggressively. 

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Baking a cake. What does it look like I’m doing?!” He said. He stopped and drank some water. “Training for the fight.” He said. 

“Oh good! At least you won’t be using any weapons.” I said, grateful that Mike had some influence.

“You sound just like that Yankee, Michael.” Manny sneered.

“Is that a bad thing?” I asked, a bit annoyed that Manny is thinking that my consideration of his safety is a bad thing and should be compared to his worst enemy.

“Why are you siding with him?!” Manny snapped.

“I don’t want to see you get hurt, Manny! What if you guys agreed on guns? Do you understand how I would feel if I lost you?” I said, tears coming to my eyes.

“Go to bed! Ahora!” Manny yelled. He clearly doesn't want to deal with me right now.

“It’s 4 o’clock right now!” I yelled back.

“I don’t care. Go to your room!” He yelled. He stepped in front of me and began pushing me to my room. I flicked his hand away and stomped away.

I huffed when I sat on my bed. Who does Manny think he is? Mi jefe? Constantly trying to control every aspect of my life. Making me get escorted home everday! I’m feeling a bit rebellious right now. But the last time I tried to be rebellious, Manny was able to catch me before I even left the house. Instead, I’ll just manifest for Mike to come and kidnap me and he could take me somewhere.

Thankfully, it’s a Friday. I have nothing to do besides breathe which gets broing after a while.

Dina can’t hang out tonight because she’s been working at her parent’s store. Everyone else is Manny’s friend and only see me as if I was the president to protect.

A few hours later, as the sun was setting, the all too familiar rocks on the window excited my heart. Endorphins filled me quickly, giving me a drug-free high. I ran towards the window and slid up the window. A gust of cold wind hit me first. I looked down and saw my love standing there with a huge smile on his face. It's nice to know that besides my family, there's someone else out there who I can make smile like that.

“You picked the perfect time to come.” I said to Mike who almost slipped on the rock.

“Why? Is everything okay?” He asked. I love it when he gets worried about me.

“I got into an argument with Manny. I defended your decision for them to fight with their fists. Thought I was siding with you.” I said.

“I know what’ll make you feel better.” Mike said. He hopped up the rock and was face to face with me.

“Anything could make me feel better.” I said.

“The carnival is back in town. I was thinking of taking you.” He told me with a glint in his eyes. 

“As long as I can get a candy apple!” I jumped.

“You know it, baby.” He said. 

“Alright!” I giggled. “I’ll write a note telling Manny I went out.” I said.. I grabbed a paper and wrote that I went to Ms. Bella’s to calm down. “I’m comin out.” I said. I crawled out the window slowly and slipped. I fell but Mike caught me in his arms. 

“Damn. You just keep falling for me.” He said. I grabbed his neck, pulled him down, and kissed him.

“Carnival. Now.” I ordered. 

We ran secretly to the car and entered it. We put on our disguises and Mike drove to the east side in the southern part of that side. I would point things out and we would joke and laugh together. I never want these moments to end. Or at least we could have more of these small pockets of nothing but happiness. Away from the

Mike pulled up to the parking lot. The field in front of us was littered with huge flashing lights of games and booths. I put on my shades and hat and turned to Mike.

“Ready, Mike?” I said. I lowered my shades and looked at him with a smirk. 

“Ready, Ant.” He responded. I felt like a secret spy with my partner crime. We exited the car and paid for the entry fee. I insisted on paying for my ticket but Mike refused, saying he wanted to spoil me. Can’t argue with that.

“Ooh! Look!” I pointed to the large teddy bear hanging from a booth. It was big! Huge! And I need it!

“Don’t worry darling, I’ll get it for you.” He said. He rolled up his sleeves and approached the booth. It was a ball throwing game and I witnessed Mike’s arm flex with every launch of a ball. He got three in a row and the guy grabbed the bear and handed it to him. I pretended I was a friend of his until we slipped into a dark corner of the carnival.

“I won this for you.” He said. He handed me the bear. I hugged it and planted a kiss on Mike’s cheek.

“You spoil me, Mike.” I said. 

“If I could, I would spoil you even more.” He softly told me. We kissed and I heard a very faint sound, like a click, from somewhere. I turned and saw it was probably just one of the rides creaking.

“Did you hear something?” Mike asked.

“Probably nothing.” I said. I gave Mike a tongue kiss. “Hurry. I saw a goldfish I wanted.” I began to tug him.

“You’re gonna run me dry.” Mike chuckled.

“But you love me.” I gripped his palm.

“Let’s go get that goldfish of yours.” He said. 

By the end, my arms were full of stuffed animals, snacks, and a fish now. 

“You thinking what I’m thinking.” He said. We looked up at the ferris wheel. Flashes of purple, blue, pink, and yellow lights flooded the wheel as it spun slowly and carefully.

“Hell yeah!” I whispered back

------

i've written 13 stories and haven't done a mafia story or a werewolf story. wtf might have to change that soon...

bye! i love you all!

<3