77. Awake

Michael's POV

Michael's POV

The day was normal, for someone is a hospital of course. Bland meals, occasional check ups, and flowers and cards from people. Luckily, I had some people who would come in and spend time with me.

"Hey, Michael, whatchu doing?" Ava asked.

"Filling out paperwork." I replied.

"Huh? But you're supposed to be resting! Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"I'm just preparing." I said.

"For what?"

"I did research and checked the Rochester High's regulations. If you have more than enough credits, you can graduate early and get your diploma ASAP." I told her.

"Michael, don't tell me you're planning to get your high school diploma early." She sighed.

"Yes. For me and Antonio. Antonio had the highest grades out of all of us. He had more than enough. My ranking is in the top 5, so I also have enough. I'm filling out the paperwork and gonna get us our diploma." I said.

"So you aren't going to college. You're just gonna move away and start a life. You know you're abandoning everything: money, power, an inheritance, and even to live a comfortable life." Ava said.

"Think about it, Ava. Are you in love with anyone?" I asked.

She turned bright red. "Wha- No! Of course not!" Her voice wasn't convincing.

"Wouldn't you want to live with that person? Keep them by your side? Imagine getting to live forever with that person. Even if me and Ant don't have a lot of money, I at least get to be with him." I told her.

She seemed to begin to understand.

"I'll never be as courageous as you, Michael. I can only salute you and admire you. Maybe one day I'll be as strong as you." She replied.

"You have the will, Ava. I know it." I told her.

"Still. If one day you two move to a new place, you should totally give me your house in Oregon." She said.

"Maybe. Then you can move in and start your own family." I said.

A knock on the door stopped our conversation. Both Ava and I turned and saw Petey standing in the doorway. He had a sad look on his face.

"Petey? What's wrong?" Ava asked.

"Uhhh, my parents just told me something." He said in a low voice.

"Are they mad about the shooting? They know you had nothing to do with it!" I said.

"No, it's not that. They know that I wasn't there. But..." He looked at me with sad eyes. "My parents just told me that we're moving." He said.

"You're what?!" Me and Ava gasped.