57. Unbelievable

Manuel’s POV

Manuel’s POV

Whatever is going on with Antonio, I can be sure that he isn’t doing something dangerous. He isn’t that type of kid. Antonio is a good kid. He follows the rules and is quiet. I don’t even know why I’m so afraid. 

Antonio is doing nothing horrible.

Shit! Well now I have all this pent up anxiety that built up in me. Since my fight with Jack is coming up, I might as well train right now. 

I wrapped my hands with cloth bands and set up the punching bag. 

“Gonna work out?” Dolores asked. She sat on the couch and sat there watching me.

“Yeah. Gonna watch?” I asked. She sipped her coffee and twirled her hair.

“I would love to.” She said. I went with my workout. I had Antonio draw a picture of Jack and tape it on the punching bag to give me ammunition. And it actually works.

As I kept punching, I started to think about our future. Since I’m proposing to Dolores soon, I’m wondering if Newport is a safe place to be in. I definitely know that I want us to have kids. Several. Maybe 4 or 5. 

I’ll also have to look for a replacement soon. No one knows, but after my fight, even if I win or lose, I plan on stepping down. I want Rafa to be my replacement.

Mama and papa never wanted me to be in the Saints. But a part of me felt like I had to because I wanted to protect Antonio. And my solution was to take over the Saints and coddle him. 

But my efforts to protect Antonio has led me to neglect him and stop treating him like a normal teen. He had to grow up surrounded by bodyguards who followed him everywhere he went. 

Plus, I want to be a good role model for my children. And Antonio. We can finally be a normal family.

Tio Antonio. Has a nice ring to it.

I was so distracted by my thoughts that I had ignored the rampant knocks on the front door. Dolores had already answered.

“Manuel! It’s Rafa and Diego.” She said. She doesn’t like to call Diego by his nickname, Loko, because she thinks it makes him sound like he’s insane. Technically, he kinda is.

I approached the front door to see Rafa and Loko with shocked looks on their faces.

They both began talking at the same time. Nothing made sense. “Quiet!” I said. They both stopped and I asked Rafa what happened. 

Rafa said nothing. He just pulled out an orange envelope and handed it to me. It was open already. 

“What is this?” I asked.

“Open it when you’re inside.” Loko said to me. The two then stepped away from the door and ran to the direction of their homes.

“Ques paso?” Dolores asked. I held up the envelope with a puzzled look on my face.

“They just gave me this.” I said. 

I opened it and pulled out what seemed to be printed photos. I saw the back and saw they were dated. When I flipped them over, my whole world stopped.

I knew it! I fucking knew it! I knew I wasn’t going crazy!

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!

“Shit! Fucking shit! Shit!” I yelled. Dolores approached me worriedly to try and calm me down.

“What is it, Manuel? Manuel!?” She asked me. In a fit of rage, I picked up a vase of flowers and threw it at the wall. 

Dolores gasped and quickly stood up and stopped me front grabbing a picture frame and throwing it.

“Look!” I said and handed her the pictures. She took a look at them and gasped, nearly turning white.

“Are these real?” She asked.

“Of course! It makes sense now! Antonio’s been sleeping with the fucking enemy!” I said while punching the punching bag even harder.

“Calmate, mi amor! (Calm down, my love!) Please!” Dolores pleaded. I stopped when I saw how scared she was. 

“Perdoname (Forgive me), Dolores.” I stopped and took a deep breath in. However, that shit doesn’t work! My anger is still here.

“Let’s wait for Antonio to come home. Then we’ll ask him. Give him a chance to talk. Okay?” She asked. I nodded and agreed.

Then I started to think more. My little brother is sleeping with Michael Lexington. He’d been seeing him for who knows how long. Words cannot describe how badly I want to punch Michael. 

“Manuel. You’re seething.” Dolores said. 

“I’m gonna find Antonio and bring him in.” I began to stand up and grabbed the photos.

“Please! Let’s talk about this! Antonio will be here soon! Then you can ask him!” She started to stand up and try to talk me down.

“This ends now!” I said. Dolores had tears coming down her eyes. She’s hurting and doesn’t want me to do anything irrational.

Then, the door opened and Antonio was there.

------

bye! have a great day!

<3