36. Carefree

Antonio’s POV

Antonio’s POV

How exactly would I tell Manny about Mike? I can’t just say “Hey, Manny. You know that Jewel that you hate? Michael? We’ll, I’m dating him. And I’m gay. Surprise!” No, I can't just bring it out of the blue. 

I need to bring it up in an organized setting. Perhaps after the fight when Manny is exhausted I’ll sit him down and tell him. He probably won’t have enough energy to kick my ass. It’s a great plan.

Tap. Tap tap...

I know those taps from anywhere. And he’s here just in time for me to tell him my idea. Of course, if Mike isn’t comfortable with the idea, then I won’t mention him in my confession. I’ll just say that I’m gay and move on with life. 

Pulling the curtain apart, I was met with Mike standing by the edge of the window looking into my room. “HI!” I loudly said. I threw my arms around Mike.

“Woah! Take it easy. I’m standing on a rock here!” He gripped his hands on the window seal to maintain balance. Once everything was calm, he pulled me in for a kiss.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. He didn’t tell me he was coming over. Usually he tells me the day before that he’s coming over so I can distract everyone at home. Also it’s still bright outside. Anyone can see him.

“I had to see you! I just couldn’t wait so long!” I stepped aside and let him come into my room and closed the curtains. I then locked my door.

“I need to tell you something.” I said.

“You’re pregnant?” He joked. We started laughing.

“No, silly!” I sat next to him and took his hand in mine. “I want to tell Manny.”

“About us?” He asked.

“Mhm. After the fight. And if you don’t want him to know about us, I at least want to tell him I’m gay.” I told him. He thought about it for a while. I was worried that he was gonna snap and tell me not to.

“I’ll do it too!” He turned to me. “I’ll tell Jack about us. I don’t care what they do to us. I just want to be with you.” He said.

“Are you sure? Mike, you don’t have to do this. You can stay hidden if you want.”

“Uh-uh! No way! We promised to do this together. If you’re coming out, so am I.” Mike was so adamant on coming out too. 

“Then I guess we either both get accepted together, or go down together.” I said. I leaned my head on his shoulder and took in his smell.

You know you’ve found the one when you can sit with them is silence and fall more in love with them. There’s just something about having the love of your life next to you that brings you up.

“I’m tired.” I yawned. 

“Go to sleep. I’ll keep watch.” Mike said. He moved us so we were laying on my bed. He hugged me, my face in his pecs.

“There’s nothing to keep watch for.” I replied.

“I’m allowed to protect my treasure.” He replied. I snuggled into him. He didn’t move at all and waited for me to sleep.

Then I faintly heard him say, “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

I luckily went to sleep. Whenever I sleep with Mike, they’re always the ones with the best dreams. 

I’m guessing Mike went to sleep too because we both awoke to heavy knocks on my locked door.

“ANTONIO! OPEN THE DOOR!” The sound of Dolores' voice was heard from the other side. 

“SHIT!” I scrambled out of bed. I looked at Mike and saw he wasn’t wearing a shit. “Why don’t you have a shirt?” I asked, He blushed and bent down off the bed to get his shirt.

“I uh, it was hot.” He stuttered out. I was fine with it. I don’t mind him losing more clothes.

“ANTONIO!” Dolores’ voice was now angrier. “¡SI NO ABRES ESTA PUERTA...! (IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS DOOR...!)” Shit! She never gets angry at me.

“You have to go! Right now!” I started to push him towards the window. He stopped at the window and turned to kiss me.

“Can’t leave without a kiss.” He said. He jumped out the window like a ninja and sprinted away. It was probably noon right now. We slept for a while. Great, now I won’t be able to sleep later.

“ANTONIO!” Now it was Manny’s voice.

I quickly ran to my door and unlocked it. Manny walked in holding a bat in his hand and Dolores started to look outside my window.

“What’s going on here!?” Manny asked, looking around. 

“Why are you in my room?” I asked back, not answering his question.

“Why is your door locked?” He asked me. 

“Why do you care?” I asked.

“Jesus, boys! Stop! You’re gonna give me a migraña.” Dolores said. We stopped arguing. Manny put down the bat.

“Tonito, we were scared. Don’t lock your door.” He said.

“Manny! I’m a teenage boy. I need my privacy!” I said.

“Why would you need privacy- OOOOHHH!” Manny gasped. Dolores turned to him wondering what he was on.

“What?” She asked. 

“Maybe we should leave, amor. Tonito is…” He signaled with his hand that I was jerking off. 

“IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!” I screamed while the two started laughing to each other. 

“Okay pues. Umm. We’ll leave you alone, Tonio.” Dolores waved at me and both she and Manny walked out of my room. Dolores made sure to lock my door before she left. They still kept giggling as they walked away.

I slumped on my bed and silently yelled into the sheets. 

Great! Now they think I spend all day jerking off! Not that I do! Only rarely! I swear! I haven’t been doing it ever since Mike and I began to hook up.

I’m lying through my teeth.

------

y'all don't worry this isn't mpreg...

bye!

<3