26. City-wide View

Antonio’s POV

Antonio’s POV

Unfortunately I had to leave my prizes at the bottom of the ferris wheel because I had too much stuff. No worries, because Mike promised that if anything is stolen, he’ll replace it with double stuff.

The ride operator fastened our seatbelt tightly. Thankfully it seems that the operator doesn’t care that two different people who are both males are getting on a ride together. He probably doesn't get paid enough to care either way. The ride started slowly as the cheap carnival ride made its way to the top where I could see the town.

“You okay, Ant. You look scared.” Mike said as he held my hand. My heart rate slowed down as his touch calmed me. 

“I’m a little scared of heights.” I told him. I carefully looked around us. The ride continued to turn and we finally passed the top curve and made our way down. “Quick! Let go of my hand!” I said. Mike let go of my hand as we passed the bottom portion of the ride so no one saw us. 

“Can I grab your hand again?” Mike asked when the reached to a higher elevation. I nodded and he held it tight when I saw how high we were.

“If I fall, are you gonna catch me?” I asked out of the blue.

“I’d fall first and let you land on me.” He said. I leaned my head on his hard shoulder and breathed in his scent. He smells of pine and wood. A masculine scent but it has a tone of lavender with it. 

“The town looks beautiful from here.” I said, looking over at the city which shined a bit at night time. The east side of town was mostly bright. Mainly from the 24/7 bars and clubs. Meanwhile the west side was mostly dark since everyone was asleep and resting for another day of work tomorrow. 

“Not as beautiful as you.” Mike said. I giggled when he tickled my sides a bit. 

“I love you, Mike.” I said.

“You too, Ant. You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met.” He said. As we kissed, my stomach rumbled. “Was caramel apples and popcorn not enough?” He joked. 

“Sorry, Mike. I guess I’m still hungry.” I said. The ride finished and we got off. Luckily, none of my gifts were stolen. Though, I wouldn’t have minded Mike buying me more. 

“When do you have to be home?” Mike asked when we got to his car. I put the stuff in the back seats.

“Probably an hour left. Why?” I asked. We got into the car and drove out. Mike began driving north of the city. Somewhere I’ve never been before.