35. Second Opinion

Antonio's POV

Antonio's POV

I kept looking down at the pictures that were scattered on my desk. Since I found I've been getting stalked, I put up some curtains on my window and keep them closed all the time. Now it's dark in my room all the time. Dolores complains that I'm going to damage my eyes.

With the insight of Mike, it just makes sense that a Saint is responsible. You're telling me that a random person with a camera just randomly decided to come to my house and Manny happened to be gone and Mike happened to be over?

I've been looking at every person who walks by me that is from the west side. And I get the sudden feeling that everyone is watching me. Like they know that Mike and I are committing a sin and they've seen us have sex. I closed my eyes and rubbed out the stress tears forming in my eyes.

I would kill someone to have Mike back here again and hug me and tell me it's gonna be okay.

There's only one other person who I could ask for wisdom. No, not Dina. I can't tell her about this yet. I know she'll flip out and slap me for being so careless. Which is understandable because Mike and I haven't been as careful as we used to.

After finding out I was in love with Mike, I asked Ms. Bella what I should do. Her advice was amazing and told me that I should go ahead and love him. Best advice ever.

"Manny, I'm going out!" I yelled. I had put on my coat.

"Come back soon!" He yelled back. I heard Dolores giggling before closing their bedroom door. I should probably leave right now.

I ran to Ms. Bella's house and knocked on her door urgently. The sweet woman opened the door to see me catching my breath on her doorstep.

"Antonio? Ev'rything alright?" She asked. I caught my breath until I looked up at her.

"I need to talk to you, senora. Right now!" Ms. Bella could see how urgent this was and let me in her home. I sat on the couch and she handed me a cup of water.

"What's bothering you, Antonio? You look like hell." She laughed.

I explained to her the photos and everything and Mike and I worried. "I thought we were discreet. Now I don't know what to do."

"This is the one thing I didn't want to happen." Ms. Bella sighed and stood up. She moved to her pictures on top of her fireplace and touched them. She pulled one of the pictures down and looked at it before putting it back.

"What do I do? I can't ignore this." I said.

"Well, your safety is top priority. No matter what happens, you need to make sure that you and Mike are not hurt."

"Mhm. That's what I was thinking too." I responded.

"This is going to get out of hand soon, Antonio. How long do you expect to keep this a secret?" She asked a very valid question.

"I was thinking until the end of senior year. But now..."

"Now what?" She asked. She took a seat next to me to wait for my response.

"Now I want to tell Manny about us. I can't live on knowing that I have this huge secret."

"I don't think that's a good idea, mijo. Manny would be crushed." Ms. Bella said.

"I know. But keeping the love of my life a secret will crush me. Whatever Manny decides to do, accept me or kick me out or even kill me, at least he'll know about me."

"And what about Michael? Will he also agree to out himself?" She asked.

"I think so. He always says that he wants to provide for me. I think if I get kicked out, I'll be okay." I said. Ms. Bella chuckled a bit.

"Ever since Michael met you, it's almost like he's becoming a better person. I've never seen him care for someone as much as he does to you." She cupped my left cheek and made me look up at her. "Don't take love for granted, Antonio. Love is the best thing we can have."

She rubbed his fingers on my cheek. "I won't. I love him too."

"When do you plan on telling Manuel about you and Mike?" She asked.

"I think after the fight. He's got a lot on his plate. Him having a fag brother should be the last of his worries."

"Antonio! Don't say that to yourself! You are just as worthy of love as anyone else." Ms. Bella stood up and walked to the kitchen. She brought cookies. She always has snacks reay.

"Sorry, ma'am. I won't say it again."

"Good!" She set the plate down before turning to me. "We need to discuss your college tuition." She said.

"Are you sure, senora? You don't have to do that."

"I'm doing it because I don't want to give my lazy children anything. You deserve it. Now, what colleges are you applying to?" She asked.

"I was thinking of the Ivies and the UC's." I responded.

"Great choices. I also recommend USC, MIT, and Stanford."

"Are you sure I can get in those?" I asked. Truth is, despite being top of my class, I always feel like I have a disadvantage because many other kids who get into the top school come from money. Not saying they paid their way in, but being rich is certainly an advantage.

"I know you can. Just apply to them and we'll see how it goes." I nodded in response. I hope she's right.

College application season, the upcoming fight, someone stalking me, and the possibility that my biggest secret might get revealed. Can my life get any more complicated?

------

bye bye!!!

<3