56. Photos

Flaca’s POV

Flaca’s POV

Los Saints are my family. That’s all you need to know. And because they’re my familia, I have to do everything I can to protect them. Even if I have to hurt the ones I love.

I was gifted a small camera by my primo from New York. He’s always known I wanted a camera and he saved up to buy me one for my birthday a few months ago. At first, I used it to take pictures of my family, on the rare occasions we were together.

I guess having a tio who owns a small photo printer in his shop is a huge advantage. With no charge, I can print the pictures whenever I want and no one has to know. It’s something I never abused for a while, until now.

All I wanted to do was to visit the carnival and take pictures of all of us having a fun time. That wasn’t until I saw a familiar figure. Antonio Jose Garcia. Younger brother of Manuel Garica. And with him was Michael Lexington, heir to the Lexington Corporation. 

I literally almost gasped out loud when I saw the two of them together. I had to excuse myself and followed them when they both went into a small alley. That’s when they kissed each other. 

Two men kissing is such a taboo subject. But in this case, it wasn’t about two men. No. Not at all. It was about a Saint and a Jewel kissing. I managed to take a few pictures before I had to make a quick exit because I’m pretty sure Antonio heard me.

The rest of the night, I couldn’t shake off that disgusting feeling. Those two men had their tongues down each others’ throats. It was like they were dating.

From then on, I kept my eyes on the two of them. I caught Antonio and Michael giving each other loving looks. Everyone around me was so oblivious of what was going on. Sometimes, I just wanted to scream it out and tell everyone.

Then the Halloween party came. Already, I knew something fishy was gonna go down. And my suspicions were confirmed when the two happened to wear complimenting outfits. It could’ve been a coincidence, however, I beg to differ. And when I saw those two wallflowers begin to head to the teachers’ break room, I had to follow them.

When Manuel told us he was leaving to visit family, I saw Antonio give a hopeful gleam. Later, I would find out from Rafa that Antonio was home alone. This would give them the perfect opportunity to be together. 

Needless to say, what I saw them doing shocked my core. 

I did end up sending Antonio a copy of the photos. It was meant to be a warning, to let him know that someone was watching and he’ll stop his tomfoolery. Instead, they continued dating.

I confronted Antonio one day, telling him that I knew. I actually have a heart, and felt bad for scaring him. I know he so badly wants no one to know his secret, but it’s endangering everyone in Newport.

Sooner or later, everyone will know about them. The longer it’s held off, the worse it’ll become. 

Which leads me to today. I had two envelopes, each with a substantial amount of photos of what they’ve been doing.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this is best for Antonio. He doesn’t deserve to have his heart played with by Michael. The poor fool is blinded by love to see how dangerous it is to be with Michael. 

Michael is a wealthy man, who has connections everywhere. He’ll one day leave Newport and move on with his life, still having more money and finding someone else. Meanwhile, Antonio will be left with nothing except a broken heart. I can’t let him go through that.

It’s a dangerous game for a Saint to enter the east side. Luckily, I used my wits to avoid anyone. I know where I have to go. Jack’s house. 

I approached his home, seeing the open garage with Jewels littered everywhere. Once they saw a brown girl walking on their driveway, they all jolted to attention. One of them, Cole, approached me.

“I think you’re in the wrong spot, senora.” He dragged out the last word. “The express to Mexico is the other way.” He pointed behind me while some Jewels laughed.

“First of all, I’m Colombian, tu pinche Yankee! Second of all, I know where I am!” I snapped back. Despite my small height, I’m told I can be a pretty scary person.

“You should leave before Jack comes out here.” Bandit piped up from behind.

“I actually need to see Jack.” I responded.

“Good luck, wop! Leave! Now!” Cole was now up close to me. I seethed but had to make sure to keep my composure. 

“Give! Me! Jack!” I yelled. 

“That’s it!” Archie said. He marched and stood in front of me. He raised his fist before his fist was grabbed by a random hand. 

The group dispersed and Jack was there, holding Archie’s hand which was a few inches away from my face. “Didn’t your mother ever tell you not to hit a woman.” Jack said. He pushed Archie away and left after giving me a death glare.

“Someone tell me what’s going on? Why is there a spic here?” Jack announced. No one said anything before he looked down at me. On the inside I was shivering like a chihuahua. But outside, I needed to be a bulldog.

“I have something for you.” I said. Jack raised an eyebrow at me. 

“Well, what is it?” He asked. I handed him the envelope from my hands and gave it to him.

“Open it after I leave. I think you’ll be shocked by what you see.” I said. He looked at the envelope before looking up at me. 

“What may I find in here?” He asked.

“Something critical about one of your highest ranking members.” I said. 

I didn’t stick around before I walked down his driveway. Once I was out of distance, I ran the rest of the way to the west side. 

Just one more spot.

The second envelope will be placed in the meeting center for the Saints, near Manuel's home. 

I scoured the area and made sure no one saw me. When I checked the coast was clear, I entered the run down home and made my way to the meeting room. 

Placing the envelope where Manuel sits, I made sure it was easily visible. 

And now, I can go home and know that I may have done something that will spark a fire in Newport. 

My intentions are good. 

And I hope people will see that.

------

fucking bitch :|

<3