80. Goodbye

Antonio's POV

Antonio's POV

Mike slammed the trunk of his car shut. He'd finished putting in the last of my bag.

"And how are you getting this car to Oregon? We've had too many memories to let this go." I said to Mike.

"I'm having someone drive it for me all the way to Oregon. They're taking the train back over here. I've paid them off so they won't say a word." Mike responded.

I sat on the hood of his car, swaying my legs back and forth. Mike walked over to me and began kissing me. His lips reached my neck and he started to suck there.

"Break it up, you two! We can all see!" Manny called out to us. Mike split away from me.

"We're gonna head off now. We'll see you at the station. We gotta check something out." Mike said.

"We'll meet you there! Good luck! Don't let anything bad happen while you're gone." Dolores called out. I got off the hood of Mike's car and headed to the passenger door.

Once I got in, I grabbed Pancho, the stuffed animal Mike won for me at the carnival, and placed it on my lap. I waved goodbye at Manny and Dolores as Mike began to pull out the dirt land and into the streets.

"Look at all this!" I saw, aweing at the clean state of the streets.

"Ever since the two gangs made up, the former Jewels began to offer to clean up the streets." Mike explained.

He kept driving towards a place I haven't seen in a while. He entered the empty plot of land and parked his car somewhere random.

I knew where we were.

"It looks empty without all the cars and shouting." Mike pointed out.

"Mhm. It's so... peaceful." I said. Mike began walking as I followed him to a small enclave surrounded by trees.

"Remember this place?" He asked, taking position exactly where I remembered. I also moved to where I was.

"This is the place where we met. The place we fell in love for the first time." I said.

"And everyday, I fall more in love with you. God must've blessed me with immense luck. It was fate that brought us here together that night." Mike said.

Mike and I hugged each other and kissed while recalling the day of the race where we first met. One of the most magical moments of my life.

"Let's go now. We have more places to see." Mike said. He grabbed my hand and began leading me back to the car. I turned back and said a final goodbye to the love spot.

Mike turned on the car and pulled out the plot of land. We drove past Rochester High School, once a powder keg now a semi-normal high school.

"Too bad we won't ever get to have a real graduation." I said.