13. Rocks on the Window

Antonio's POV

Antonio's POV

The following Monday at school was hectic, like always. Although now, there was a huge tension, larger than normal. And the fights at school proved just how hateful everyone was to each other.

After the confrontation at the gym, Manny was upset. But he knows Jack can't actually hurt him.

I'm getting fed up with only being allowed to steal glances at Mike. So badly I want to go up to him and give him a nice kiss, like the one at the dance.

That was my first kiss. And his lips still linger on mine. I sigh when I think about it. It was the perfect kiss. And we would've had more if we weren't interrupted.

"Tonito? Oye! Are you there?" Manny snapped his fingers in my face. I dozed off on the couch, day dreaming of Mike.

"Hmm? I'm here!" I perked up.

"It's Friday night. Don't got any plans?" Manny asked. He put on his jacket getting ready to leave while Dolores held her hand bag while wearing capri pants and her curly brown hair to her sides.

"Nah. Dina's busy." I said.

"You and Dina sure talk a lot." Manny squinted his eyes.

"Manuel. ¡Déjalo en paz! (Leave him alone!)" Dolores said to him while laughing.

"There's nothing going on between us!" I said while Manny walked away.

"Okay, hermano. Whatever you say." He chuckled, obviously not believing me.

"I'm serious! Manny!"

"Don't stay up too late. Make sure the doors are locked. Buenas noches." Manny said. He turned and closed the door. I huffed and sat back on the couch bored out of my skull.

After a few minutes, I went to my room, deciding to call it a night. I dressed in shorts and a white tee and layed on my bed. As I was dozing off, I heard taps on my window. At first I thought it was maybe a branch. But the taps were intermittently constant.

I groaned and got up to see what was going on. I opened the window and a small pebble hit me directly in the forehead.

"Ow! The fuck?!" I said.

"Oops! Sorry! Are you okay?" A voice said. I looked down and saw Mike in the flesh. One of his hands held a handful of rocks.

"Mike?" I squinted to see him. "What are you doing here?" I asked. It didn't matter his excuse because now I have a chance to see him in private.

"I couldn't wait any longer. I had to see you." Mike said. He propped himself on a nearby rock and sat. I held out my hand and he grabbed mine.

"Me too. God I missed you so much. Hang on. How did you find where I live?" I asked.

"Uh," He rubbed his neck. "Ya see. We kinda have a portfolio of where everyone lives. I may or may not have used it to find out where Manuel lives." The light from my room showed he was blushing.

"That's kinda sweet. And romantic." I said.

"I never got to finish what I wanted to say on Saturday." He said.

"What were you gonna say?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date." He smiled at me.

"Yes I do! But how would it work? You can't come to the west side. I can't go to the east side?" I asked.

"Neutral territory. No one guards those places." Mike said. I thought about it. There are a few good places where we can go. But even then, we'll still have to hide.

"Sounds good but we still have to cover ourselves." I said and kissed Mike's hand.

"I'll make sure of it." Mike said. He stood up and leaned over the window to meet my face directly. This reminds me of something.

"Then consider it a date." I said as Mike's face was directly in front of mine. His features are more prominent. His blue eyes completely stun me. His dark eyebrows and eyelashes. His pink lips.

"I wish they didn't hate each other." Mike pushed some hair out of my face.

"Me too. It's so petty. What are they even fighting for?" I asked.

"No one knows. It just started and it's been like that ever since." Mike said. He enveloped me in a hug, his arms reaching out and pulling me closer. I took a whiff of his cologne.

"When is the date happening?" I asked. He pulled us apart.

"Mmmm. Tomorrow. 9 pm. I'll pick you up." He said.

"But where. You can't just park in front of the house. Manny'll flip out." I said.

"Then down the street. In the alley."

"Sounds good." I responded.

"Look out for a red Buick. Bright red." He said.

"Got it. Red Buick."

"I'm glad we're finally doing this." He said. I smiled genuinely.

"I know this is gonna be a great thing. Now go! Before someone sees you." I said to Mike. He began to get down and dusted his pants.

"Wait!" He whispered-yelled. "Can I get one last kiss?" He asked. I nodded and he climbed back up to my window.

I leaned over and we exchanged a few simple kisses. I moaned into them, enjoying the butterflies I got from them.

"Good night, Antonio." He said.

"Good night, Michael." I responded. He hopped down and gave me one last look before turning and running away. I leaned my head into my folded arm and looked out into the moonlight.

I went off to bed and laid my head onto my pillow. I sighed and clutched my heart to my body. Being with Mike sends small pains into my heart. The good kind of pain.

And tomorrow I would get to have more of him.

------

this chapter reminds me of romeo and juliet in the balcony scene. which is the point of it.

bye! i love you all!

<3