74. Rumble

Antonio's POV

Antonio's POV

Both Mike and I stood hand in hand at the front entrance of the rumble. Everywhere you looked, there were men fighting with men. Blood tainted the ground. Weapons easily accessible like mints.

"Mike!" I yelled at him to get his attention. His eyes were fixated on the chaos in front of us.

Mike snapped out of his trance and turned to me. "You sure you wanna do this?" He asked.

I nodded yes. Mike stretched out his hand, signaling for me to hold it. He pulled me in for a hug before letting me go.

"Remember the plan, right?" He asked.

"Right!" I replied.

The plan was for Mike to stop the Jewels and I stop the Saints. It was the only thing we could come up with in the heat of the moments.

"Good luck out there, Ant. Don't die on me." Mike told me. I smiled and leaned up to kiss him on the cheek.

"I won't die. I can handle myself." I replied. He gave me a last glance before we both ran off into different directions into the fight.

Immediately, I felt the need to duck. As I lowered my head, a monkey wrench flew above that would've hit my head. That could've killed me. But I had no time to think about what I wanted in my obituary, I needed to find Rafa.

I looked around and only saw fighting. It was a hectic sight. I've heard about rumbles before. I've heard about how disastrous they are. I never imagined it would be this bad. This bloody.

I finally spotted Rafa, fighting with Jack. The two were in a bit of a skirmish. Rafa had definitely seen better days. The side of his face was red, pure crimson from blood. His brown hair was messy and his clothes ripped.

Jack on the other hand was entirely red. Some of the red was blood but I figured the rest was from bruises. And his blonde hair was tussled, with some patches having dried mud or blood.

I raced over to both of them quickly. I watched them fight for a bit before deciding to step in. At first, I tried talking to Rafa.

"Rafa!" I yelled. "Please stop!" I yelled. He didn't hear.

That's when I inched closed and grabbed his arm as he tried to punch Jack in the face. But I was too weak to hold him back. My grip on his arm resulted in him elbowing me in the face and him resuming his blows.

I clutched my nose and had that feeling of sneezing. I touched my nostrils and looked at my fingers. I was bleeding. However, I don't have time to think about that!

"Rafa! Stop!" I yelled at him. He didn't listen again so I needed to attract his attention. I looked around and saw everyone fighting with each other.

I couldn't just stop Rafa and Jack. I needed to stop everyone.

That's when I saw a car in the parking lot that had been left here. And an idea popped up in my head. Before I could walk towards the car, a hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.

Mike was there, panting heavily. I saw a large cut on the forehead.

"Mike!" I gasped. I reached up to touch his cut.

"I'm fine. You're bleeding too." He replied.

"I'm fine too. It's just blood. Mike! Look! Do you see that car?" I asked, pointing to the small yellow buggy.

"Yeah! Do you have a new plan?" He asked.

"Mmhmm! These guys are too into their fight! We need something to distract them all!" I said.

"Let's go then!" Mike said. He grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd towards the small car. When we saw it, we immediately ran to it.

"Please let it be open!" I said. I went to open the door and to my surprise, it was unlocked.

"What's the plan?" Mike urgently asked me.

"We're gonna honk the horn and hope that everyone hears." I replied. "You're gonna stand on top of the car and try to get everyone to look at you." I said.

"Got it!" Mike said. He climbed up onto the roof of the car and stood up there.

My palm went on the steering wheel and honked the horn. I held it for five seconds and left a two-second break before honking the horn again.

"Keep going!" Mike banged on the roof. I honked the horn again, this time for a longer time. I also heard Mike screaming "Over here!" from above me.

As I kept beeping the wheel, the sudden adrenaline began to ease away. Soon, the pain in my legs and arms seeped in. I wanted to give up but I had a job to do.

In my last few moments of strength, I held on to the horn for a long time. I honked like my life depended on it. I must've blacked out for a minute because I was shaken awake by a hand on my shoulder.

"We did it!" Mike said, standing next to me in the driver's seat. I looked around and saw all the guys had stopped fighting. There was panting heavily and rubbing their wounds and looking at the both of us.

"Let's get on top of the car." I told Mike. He held his hand out and for me and I grabbed it. My legs shook for a bit until the blood flowed back into them.

Mike helped me get on top of the car. First, he helped me up the hood. Then he helped me onto the roof. Luckily, the car wasn't that tall.

When I got a good look around, I saw the two gangs, now separated, all looking at us.

"At least they stopped fighting." I whispered to Mike.

"Yeah. But now they're looking at us. What do we do?" Mike asked.

Everyone was either looking at me and Mike, or fixing their wounds, or both. I looked forward into the distance and saw some of the women helping their men. And even farther, I saw a red-haired girl and a brunette girl sitting on a hill watching us.

I cleared my throat and stepped a bit forward.

This has to end now. Everything. It's time for the Saints and Jewels to end.

------

<3 <3