44. Forever

Michael’s POV

Michael’s POV

I was having the most amazing dream. I was at Harvard University, in my dorm, and my roommate was Antonio. I turned to him and gave him the biggest smile.

“We did it! We’re here together!” He squealed. 

“I know, right! Who would’ve thought!” I responded.

“I just hope Manny will be okay with me gone.” His expression turned a bit upset.

“Don’t sweat it! I’m sure he’s proud that you’re here. It’s just four years, then we’ll be off with our lives.” I said. His smile returned but then his body went limp. His body fell onto his bed, with his eyes closed. It was almost like he went to sleep.

“Ant?” I said. I tried laughing, thinking he was joking. But he didn’t respond. “Ant?” I asked again. I got off my bed and ran towards his bed. “ANT!” I yelled.

Ant’s body was limp and cold. Like he’s been dead for hours, or days. I kept shaking him in my arms but he didn’t wake up. I cried and called for help but the door was gone. There stood a wall. No way to get in, no way to get out. And the windows were dark. 

“ANT! WAKE UP!” I started to shake his body. Blood began to come out of his nose. I screamed for someone and his body began to disappear in my very arms. The room was now dark and cold. I don’t know where Ant went, but I have to save him. With no other choice, I jumped out the window and began falling. 

Before I hit the ground, I jolted awake. I was panting and covered in sweat. I felt movement next to me. I turned and saw Ant. I sighed in relief knowing he wasn’t gone. But that comfort turned to panic when I noticed Ant was tossing and turning in his sleep and crying.

“Don’t leave me, Mike!” He muttered in his sleep. I started to shake Ant but that didn’t seem to wake him. He kept saying that phrase over and over again. I feared that he might hurt himself if I don’t do something.

“ANT!” I yelled and shook him so aggressively he almost fell off the bed. Ant jolted up quickly, panting for air like it would be his last breath. He looked around the room and came to his senses in where he was.

I grabbed his hand and Ant turned to me and his eyes filled with tears. He jumped onto me and hugged me, crying into my shoulder.

“Don’t ever leave me!” He cried out. My tears began to fall out too. I guess we both had the same type of dream. I hugged Ant back and cried into him too. 

“I’m here, Ant. I’ll always be here.” I sobbed quietly to him. 

“How can we be sure nothing bad’ll happen? Ever since we’ve found each other, the world has tried to get us apart. Are we sure we’re doing the right thing?” He asked. I positioned us so we laid back, my left arm extended to cuddle Ant’s head. I didn’t even care that we had no clothes on. 

“As far as I know, loving hasn’t ever been wrong. We can do it together or do it apart. But I just hope you understand that if we part, I don’t think I could live with myself.” I said. Ant snuggled himself closer to my pecs, wiping his tears away.

“I don’t plan on leaving you. If given the chance, I would be by your side, stuck onto you like glue. But the gangs would never let us. No matter what happens after the fight, we’ll never be safe.” Ant’s fingers began tracing over my skin. 

“I’ll always be with you. Even if the whole world hates us, I’ll never let you go. I didn’t know how to love until I met you. There’s no way I’m giving you up that easily.” I responded.

“I don’t know what I did to deserve you.” He lightly chuckled, though his voice was strained from his crying.

“It must’ve been something holy. I’m honestly shocked you even gave me a chance. That night, when we met at the race, you didn’t run from me. Why?” I asked.

“Because I didn’t see Michael Lexington, top-dog of the Jewels from a rich family. I saw Mike, a hot guy who was nice to me from the get. If you were able to treat me like a human being, why couldn’t I do the same.” He responded.

“You truly are a gift from God. My precious.” I said. I hugged Ant close to me and planted a kiss on his forehead.

“I’m not sure I want to come out. It might not be the best plan.” He said.

“I understand. Maybe this’ll be a thing between us and anyone who matters.” I said. I squeezed Ant’s ass. “Go to sleep, baby. I’ll be here in the morning.” I cooed at him.

“Buenas noches, Mike.” He snuggled himself into me. 

I watched down and saw as he fell asleep. I’m worried. Because this beautiful creature in my arms might get hurt just because we love each other. He doesn’t deserve this. He deserves to be alive during a time when he could be accepted. And the love of his life doesn’t have to be his sworn enemy.

The fact that Ant had a nightmare, where he was obviously in distress, all because of us. It’s making me wonder if I want to continue to put him in danger. We have an invisible target on us. A ticking time bomb waiting to explode. 

I kept thinking these thoughts. But in the end, I love Ant. I would never break his heart. That’s the last thing. I promise to be by his side, forever. 

Looking down at the sleeping boy, his small snores and his arm hugging my torso just above my dick, I’m reminded of why I’m here. I vowed my life to him. To protect him in anyway. 

That’s when I realized I was falling in love with Antonio all over again. 

I hugged him tighter. He sighed, happy about our new position. We hugged each other inward. A few tears escaped my eyes as I thought about our future lives.

“I swear Ant, nothing’s gonna hurt you.” I said softly and kissed the top of his head. He doesn’t have to hear it, because I’ll show him with my actions.

After placing a kiss, Ant had a small smile on his face. I wasn’t sure if he was awake or had grown accustomed to my kisses that he could feel them. Either way, he knows that I love him. Sometimes I think back to the race day when we met. I’ll never forget the shy kid that kept blushing when I spoke. 

He’s my other half. It sounds cliche. But he is. He completes my entire self. I’ve found the one I need. All I have to do now is keep him safe.

------

kiss your pets for me :)

<3