72. Once And For All

Michael's POV

Michael's POV

I spent the whole day with Ant. Despite the knowing feeling that we'll soon need to leave, both of us were giddy with excitement to start our lives.

"When should we get a kid? I've always wanted one." Ant said, laying his head on my crossed legs.

"Mmm. Not sure. Maybe when we both have stable jobs. And after you're done with school." I replied. He had a cheeky smile on his face.

"I think Dolores is pregnant." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's been a little sick recently. But I'm not sure how she feels that Manny is in the hospital and I'm leaving her alone soon."

"I'm sure she'll be fine. She managed to tame you and Manuel. She can handle a baby." I replied.

"I'm not that difficult!" He jokingly said. I chuckled and rolled my fingers on his chest. He sighed and stared into my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"You have the most beautiful eyes ever." He said.

"If only you could see yours. You'd fall in love with yourself." I told him.

"What do you think? Lexington-Garcia or Garcia-Lexington?" He asked.

"You should take Garcia-Lexington. Your name should come first." I said.

"And our children? What should they have?" He asked me.

"Hmm. That's a bit difficult. To be fair, the Lexington name carries notoriety. Our children will have a name for themselves before they're adults." I said.

"We'll revisit this topic when we have children." Ant said, his way of saying that we'll argue about this another time.

"You remember on the race day when I saw you near the bathroom?" I asked.

"How could I forget? That day was ingrained in my memory." He replied.

"Yeah, well, I originally wasn't supposed to go." I said. Ant looked up and turned his head at me. "Petey sort of forced me to come. He said that he needed a ride to and from the quarry and I was the only person he trusted to drive him."

"I also wasn't gonna go on that day." Ant said. "I told Manny that I didn't want to come but he forced me to come. I wanted to jump out the car window and walk into traffic on the way there."

"But then, I saw you..." I said.

"And I knew that at the moment, it was love at first sight." Ant said.

"I didn't care who you were. I didn't care who your brother was. Or that you weren't my kind. All I saw was a beautiful boy that entranced me." I told him. I hugged his torso and kissed his stomach.

"You're so perfect!" Ant giggled.

Just then, we heard a loud ruckus outside. The front door was open and the sound of footsteps was coming in.

"Hide!" Ant said. He got off me and he pointed to the closet in the room. "In there!" We both ran into the closet and closed the door. The closet was adjacent to the nursery near us. We could easily hear the chatter of everyone.

"What's his pressure!" A male voice said.

"Hard to tell. It's very faint!" A female voice replied.

"Rapido! He's bleeding too much!" Another male voice yelled.

"Shut up and let me work!" The female voice replied.

The sound of footsteps scattering around was heard. I placed my hand on Ant's mouth to stop his hard breathing.

"He's gonna be out for a while. He needs to rest." The woman said.

"Do we have enough things for more? We're gonna need it." A guy said.

"How much more?" The woman asked.

"A lot more."

"Has a rumble started?" She asked.

"No. But it's getting close. They're all gathered at Park Plaza. Over 50 people are there."

"And the pigs? What are they doing? Are they stopping this?"

"Some Jewels called an emergency outside of town. The cops ain't gonna be here for a long time."

"I'll take some supplies to la plaza and set up there. We'll need some medics on the fields. I'll go get Rosita and Maria." The woman said.

"Get everything you need and stay on the side. There's nothing anyone can do to stop this rumble."

We then heard a series of footsteps. A few walked away as we heard the front door open and then close. Then we heard a single pair of footsteps walk around the medic room before also exiting the hangout.

"Is it clear?" I whispered to Ant. He leaned his head onto the wall to listen around.

"It's empty." He replied. I opened the closet door and we both came out and gasped for new air.

"Mike..." Ant said. I turned and saw him with his head down.

"Yeah, Ant?" I asked.

"People are getting hurt because of us." He said in a defeated manner.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked. He looked at me.

In the most confident voice he said, "We need to end this once and for all."

I agreed. "Let's do it!" I told him.

We sat down and began thinking how we should approach this. So many ways to stop everyone but it's hard to control angry young men. Once they have their sights set, it's hard to stop them.

But maybe we can.

------

<3 <3 <3