24. War Council

Michael's POV

Michael's POV

I cried inside my car for a while. My profession of love to Ant was something I held in me for so long. I just needed to tell someone before I blew my brain. Sure I've told him I loved him so many times, but three words aren't enough. He deserves all the beautiful words because they perfectly describe him. I've never met someone who makes me feel loved.

I returned to my empty home and just wished Ant was here to spend time with me. My parents are always gone for business trips and don't even remember they have a son who will take over their empire soon. I think they're in Europe right now. Why the hell are they even there? Why can't they be here with me? I guess the absence of my parents made me ingore my feelings. I became closed off a few years ago when I realized my parents didn't really care about me.

But when I met Ant, it's like a switch flipped and it was the universe giving me another chance to experience love. There's no way I'm letting go of him. He came into my life just like I came into his.

"Mike! Jack wants to talk!" Petey said when he came up to me when I was walking home. I rolled my eyes, tired of Jack's shit.

"Lead the way." I boredly said.

"What's got you so happy?" Petey asked. I haven't told my best friend about Ant.

"All I can say is I've found a new happiness." I told him.

We arrived at Park Plaza, a plaza located in the cross section of our town. Here, both east and west sides meet. The parking lot is where war councils take place. It's supposed to be a civilized location. However there's nothing civilized about discussing how to and how not to hit each other.

Everyone was here. Jack on his side and Manuel on his side. Each had people on their sides. I walked and stood next to Jack. I looked and made eye contact with Manuel. He doesn't know I'm in love with his brother.

"We need to discuss what weapons we'll be using for the fight." Jack said.

"Let's jump into it. Knives?" Manuel suggested.

"Preferred weapon of you spics, huh?" Archie sneered. Some Jewels laughed.

"Very well. Rocks?" Manuel asked.

"The hell are we? Cavemen?" Jack said, annoyed by Manuel's suggestions but not making any himself.

"Él actúa como uno. (He acts like one.)" Manuel said in Spanish to his friends. All the Saints laughed at what he said.

"Slingshots?" A Saint said.

"Tasers?" A Jewel said.

"Go all in with guns." Jack said. Everyone was quiet and turned to look at the psychotic guy.

I thought back to Ant's and I's conversation at the window, where we both agreed that we would try to stop the fight. And if we couldn't, then make sure no one was killed.

"If you guys think you're so badass, why not skin it out?" I piped up.

"What are you implying, Michael?" Bandit asked.

"I'm just saying. The true alpha should be able to knock someone out without any weapons." I said. I played with the collar of my varsity jacket, showing that this conversation has no implications on me.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jack said, grabbing my shoulder and whispering into my ear. He tried threatening me. But I simply glared at him. He let go.

"I'm giving you a fair chance." I glared at him. I turned to Manuel. "What do you say? Fists?" I asked.

"Deal." Manuel said. I'm smiling in my head, knowing I prevented the usage of harmful weapons. Ant would be proud that I protected his brother from major harm. Though, I don't know how hard Jack fights.

"Shake on it." I said to Manuel and Jack. Jack hesitantly stuck out his hand and they agreed.

"We'll fight in a few weeks. This will give time for us to prepare." Manuel said.

"I could knock your ass right now if I wanted to." Jack snarkily said.

"Hold your tongue. We'll see who's the top dog in a few weeks." Manuel sneered back.

I know I did something good. The fight will still happen but with fists.

Ant, I did it. I promised I would make sure Jack and Manuel don't get badly injured.

------

there's a reason why i upload this story every wednesday and friday. wednesday because it gives me something to look forward to in the middle of the week. saturday because it's the weekend and it just feels right.

bye! i love you all!

<3