39. Slow Dance

Antonio’s POV

Antonio’s POV

Midday and Mike and I were exhausted. Shopping, going to the beach, and seeing my parents’ grave. But I can’t say it wasn’t a nice day. For the first time in 6 years I got to visit my parents and talk to them. I cried and reminisced about my childhood. Though, I could tell those tears were from years of healing. It hurt to see their stones, knowing underneath was their bodies. However, it felt like they were spiritually here, next to me. So in a way, it felt like I was actually talking to them.

I yawned in my seat when Mike turned to me in his car. “Hey, how about we go to my house. I live close by. We can sit and take a break.” He said.

“That sounds nice. I could finally see where you live after coming to my house.” I said. Mike sped to his house. The homes around us went from medium sized homes to much larger ones.

“Okay. Don’t freak. But my house is kinda big. So… just be prepared.” He said. I shrugged it off until he pulled up to a gated place. At first I assumed it was a large private community. But then it hit me. This place isn’t a community, it’s his whole house!

“Holy shit!” I gasped when his home came into view. Mike was enjoying my shocked expression. “You live here?!” I asked.

“Yup! 24/7/365.” 

“What about your parents?” I asked.

“They’re out most of the time. On business trips. So that means I have the house to myself.” He said. 

“Doesn’t it get lonely?” I asked. Mike’s face dropped but then a small smile came back.

“Sometimes. That’s kinda why I got to your house. Then, I won’t be so alone.”

We exited his car and made our way to the grand front door. Must be mahogany. He opened the unlocked door and showed me inside. It was modern for the time with lots of brown and fabrics. White leather couches, huge panel windows, marble. Unlike my home which is small and has memorabilias everywhere, this home is clean and slick. Makes you wonder if people live here or if it’s always vacant. Kinda like a zombie home. Not quite alive, not quite dead.

“Welcome to my house. Make yourself home.” Mike said. Standing in the foyer, I looked up to the high end ceiling. This place alone is bigger than my house.

“Let’s go to your room!” I said. 

“Alright. But you’ll have to follow me. If you can catch up.” He smirked and suddenly ran up the stairs. I chased behind but he’s too fast. 

“Wait! Slow down!” I laughed out loud. My legs went into overdrive. Mike opened a large door and quickly went in and left it open. I sprinted inside and was then caught and hugged close by Mike who was waiting by the door. 

“Gotcha!” He yelled. He lifted me up and put me on his bed. It’s so soft. I already want to sleep in it. This must be how clouds feel.

“Stop! No!” Mike brought his fingers up and started tickling me. 

Almost choking, I laughed so hard my stomach clenched itself. He didn’t stop, nor did I want him to. As long as his hands are on me, it doesn’t matter. Still can’t believe he was with me when I saw my parents. Now it feels like he’s closer to my family. 

“Hey, you wanna dance?” Mike asked. He sat up from his bed and moved to his radio.

“Dance? What for?” I asked.

“I’m just saying. We didn’t get to dance at the mixer nor at the Halloween dance. Why not do it here? No one will see us.” He turned on the radio, something the radio and I have in common. “Join me.” He said. I got off his bed and grabbed his hand.

A nice bumpy song was playing on the radio. “How do you dance this?” I asked.

“So, this is called Tutti Frutti. I’ll show you, but you’ll have to catch up.” He said. He positioned me in front of him. “Alright, first, position your feet like this.” He spread his legs and bent his right knee inwards. I did the same. “Now do the opposite with the other leg.” He straightened his right leg and now bent his left knee inwards. 

“Like this?” I asked. I followed what I did. 

“Exactly. You’re gonna keep doing this over and over again. That’s the dance for this song.” He did it and I followed. It took a while to get used to the constant knee movement. But after a few tries, you get used to the burn.

Tutti Frutti was playing in the background while Mike and I did the dance but also jumped around his room for no reason. We found that his bed is a great place to jump off of. Thank God no one is here or else they would’ve heard the ruckus of us. I doubt anyone could hear us because no one is home and his property his huge in every direction.

The atmosphere slowed when a slow song played. I forget the song, but not what Mike did. He grabbed me by the hand and placed my hand on his shoulder while his free hand went to my waist. I stared deep into his eyes. Those pupils that captivated me those months ago underneath a yellow glow near the toilets.  They always find a way to meet my eyes.

“Imagine our lives like this.” He sighed into my hair.

“Slow dancing all day? I couldn't imagine a better life.” I laid my head on his hard chest. We swayed to the music. His bigger body warmed mine up. I fit in him perfectly. I hope I never lose my match.

“Ant?” He said.

“Hmm?”

“Thanks for introducing me to your parents. I know how much that means to you.”

“They would’ve loved you. Mama and papa were never involved with the whole Saints vs. Jewels thing. They thought it was stupid.” I said.

“So why is Manny in it?” He asked. I ignored him calling Manny the nickname I gave him. Despite them hating each other, I still know that they both respect each other. They're both gentlemen who care for the people they love. AKA, me.

“Well, after my parents died, Manny wanted to ensure my safety. The only way to do that was to become head of the Saints and protect me. He’s in it just because of me.”

“You sure do have a lot of people protecting you.” He said.

“What can I say? I need a knight in shining armor to defend me from danger.” I gasped when Mike leaned me back and nuzzled my nose with his and giggled. 

He kissed me deeply. His tongue slipped in my mouth while his right hand went down to grab my buttocks.

We didn’t hear the sound of the door opening at first. But we heard the sound of someone gasping. 

“HOLY SHIT!” A girl yelled. We both turned. Mike dropped me on the floor. I grunted when my back made contact with the carpeted floor. I caught a glimpse of the girl. She was the one that was with Archie earlier. Avalon, I think.

Avalon passes out on the floor. Mike, with a worried look on his face, panics and rushes to her.

Well, looks like someone else now knows about our secret.

------

bye!!!

<3