76. Hospital

Michael’s POV

Michael’s POV

I slowly began to feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. Everything was fuzzy. My fingers felt numb, my feet felt tingly, and most of all, I felt a weird feeling of… sanitization? It’s a weird feeling to explain. 

“Uh…” I grunted. I opened my eyes and was met with a bright white light above me. “Wha… what’s going… on?” I murmured. I moved my right hand and brought it up to rub my head. I felt a bandage on my forehead.

The sound of a beeping machine was finally registered in my ears. It sounded like a heart monitor, with sporadic beeps. 

I tried to sit up but my chest was in pure pain when I flexed it. 

“Fuck!” I grunted. The heart monitor slowly began to speed up. 

Oh God! Antonio! 

The sudden urge to find him brought me the energy I needed to begin moving. I started thrashing in the hospital bed, shouting for Antonio.

“Antonio! Where are you! My love! Antonio!” I yelled. A group of nurses rushed into the room. 

“Sir, we need you to calm down! Give him some morphine!” She told another nurse.

“Antonio!” I yelled. I looked towards the door and saw Petey and Avalon standing there with sad looks on their faces. “Petey! Where’s Antonio!” I desperately asked him.

“Michael! Just calm down!” He yelled back. 

I was slowly feeling myself calm down. Despite my body calming down, my brain was still wanting one thing. 

Fuck trying to stay alive. I need to get to him.

“Pe-Petey.” I muttered. Petey and Avalon entered the room. 

“How is he?” Petey asked one of the nurses.

“He’s a bit disoriented. Being knocked out for a while made him a bit confused. Try to avoid questions about anything that will get him riled up. He needs to take it easy.” The nurse said.

“Thank you, ma’am. We’ll do that.” Ava told her. The nurse walked out of the room and left me with my two friends.

“Petey. Ava. Tell me, where is he?” I asked them. The two walked to my side and sat down on some chairs.

“Michael. You need to take it easy. Just rest and get your energy back up. Then we’ll take you home.” Petey assured me.

“I can’t, Petey! Where is Antonio!?” I begged. 

“Do you remember what happened?” Ava asked me.

“Not really. All- All I remember is one minute Ant and I were stopping the rumble, the next, I fell on the floor.” I said.

“You got shot.” Ava said. “I saw the whole thing. While you and Ant were hugging, both Archie Gates and Juan Rodriguez were trying to shoot you both.”