- 1 -

- I S A B E L L E - E D W A R D -

It was 8 am in the morning. I thought about getting out of bed but my body said otherwise. I made an effort to sit up when my alarm rang, and I stretched to the bedside table to turn it off only for it to be followed by the ringing of my phone.

I looked at the caller ID and a smile replaced the lazy and bored expression of my face. I quickly put the phone to my ear and was welcomed by the same voice I had longed to hear for a while now.

I had been waiting for weeks for this ass to call, but apparently he was swamped with work. Everyone was swamped with work these days and I guess I was the only one on vacation.

Kind of, well I was still at home and not doing any work so I considered it a holiday. My friends would say otherwise.

"Hello love. How are you?" I sighed and after a few seconds answered.

"I've been waiting for your call, you know. Is your work finished?"

There was a pause on the other end then I heard a sigh. "Yes, B, I'm done, and so are the others and I'm really sorry for not calling. I texted you though." He stated.

"Well that's not enough. Anyway, when are you coming back?" I asked, trying to sound disappointed but he knew me too well.

"Soon, don't worry, love. I have to go now so take care I'll call again. There's a slight problem here." I tried my best not to sound disappointed for good this time but as soon as I said 'Okay', I heard a beep and the call ended.

"Assho...." I was about to curse him when my phone rang again, and I picked it up angrily and said,

"What now?" rather sternly.

All I heard was a chuckle and then a different voice came from the phone.

"You know it's bad to curse your elders, you should be more respectful. Careful, the wrong person might hear you." And the call ended.

What the heck?

I was more surprised than shocked then looked around me to see if anyone was there. With a final look I jumped out of bed and opened my room's door and immediately screamed when the three men in front of me yelled together.

"SURPRISE!"

I fell down on the floor with a thud only to hear them start laughing hysterically at me.

"NOT FUNNY!" I shouted and then Lance came forward and pulled me up with him, chuckling at my shocked expressions that were more angry now. Then the realisation hit me.

"Wait, weren't you guys in England, too swamped with work to talk to me?" I asked them sassily to which they rolled their eyes.

"Well, in our defence, we were swamped with work and then we thought we would give you a surprise. We were coming back anyway, but we figured scaring you to death would be way more fun so we finished our work early to see our little sister." Tristan said, making me narrow my eyes at them in annoyance.

Although my heart warmed at those words, I didn't show any emotion on my face then glared at all of them, and stopped at Lance, my eldest brother, saviour, guardian and father figure whom I looked up to.

I JUST talked to him and he sounded like he was still working, then how in the world are they here?!

He just looked at me and said "Sorry, love. Should've told you, I know, but, come on, you loved it didn't you?" He knew me too well. I sighed and gave in and then smiled at my brothers, my world.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, fighting a smile as I told them I'd see them in a while.

After taking a cold shower I stood in my gown looking at my closet and deciding what to wear. I had to go out today, and I'd taken off for quite a while now and I felt like I needed to get some fresh air or I'd grow mould.