- 6 1 -

"Look who finally made it, the cold CEO and his oh-so sunny girl." I heard someone's voice and froze.

Adam tensed beside me too and when we turned around, I felt my blood getting colder by the second.

No, I will not let my emotions rule me and I will certainly not let this asshole ruin me. 

Not anymore.

"Michael." I said rather calmly, which even surprised the man himself as a grin formed on his face.

"It's good to see you Bella." He said smirking, glancing at Adam briefly before his eyes came back to mine.

"I wish I could say the same." I replied and turned to Adam and grabbed his hand, dragging him away from the scene and towards the dressing rooms where we were met by the producers.

"Ms. Edward, glad you're on time and already ready, the show will be starting in fifteen, make yourselves comfortable until then." The woman who seem to be in her thirties spoke, her eyes moving to Adam as she gave him a not so discreet once over and walked away swaying her hips, making me roll my eyes.

Ugh.

"You okay love?" Adam asked me once the producer was out of earshot and I looked at him, smiling softly.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said softly as he drew patterns with his fingers on my hand.

"I'm going to make a few calls, I'll see you in a few, okay?" He asked me concerned and I nodded.

"Okay, I'll be fine, don't worry." I patted his chest and reassured him as he pecked my forehead before walking away.

I sighed and plopped down on an empty couch and felt movement beside me. Looking to my side, I frowned when I saw none other than Michael sitting down next to me, but I decided to ignore his presence completely.

"You know, I didn't believe it when the producer of this show contacted me asking if I wanted to go for an interview." He started speaking, keeping his eyes in front of him.

"But when I heard you'd be there too, I couldn't help but agree knowing I'd see you again since that boyfriend of yours seems to be wherever you go. Didn't think he was the clingy type. Or at least that's what Milani told me." He said smirking as his eyes came to me, making my blood boil.

"What the hell do you want?" I gritted out and noticed his grin getting wider.

"Oh nothing much." He said glancing away from me as I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked him frustrated.

"You don't know?" He said feigning surprised.

"I'm interviewing with you sweetheart." He said smirking, making me frown.

Just fucking great.

Just then I saw Adam  walking towards us with a deadly expression on his face, his jaw clenched as he glared at Michael.

"Speak of the devil." Michael muttered under his breath as he stood up from his place and grinned at me.

"See you out there darling." He said before sauntering off to god knows where as Adam came to stand in front of me. 

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his torso, breathing deeply to calm myself down as I felt his arms go around me.

"We're interviewing together." I mumbled into his neck and felt him tense slightly as he kissed the back of my head.

"I know." He replied as I pulled away from him.

"We can leave if you want." He said softly, taking my hands in his as he rubbed them soothingly, but I shook my head.