- 7 2 -

After an embarrassingly long dinner, we finally ate dessert which were the cupcakes I'd baked.

"You know, Adam doesn't eat sweet things." Aveline said while Arthur, Tristan and Aidan were busy stuffing cupcakes in their mouths like the gentlemen they were.

How graceful.

"And here I thought you couldn't be worse than homeless monkeys." I stated, looking at my brothers unimpressed who only rolled their eyes before I turned to Adam who was on his third cupcake.

He was about to take a bite before his eyes connected with mine.

"What?" He asked but I shook my head with a chuckle before turning to Aveline.

"He looks like he's been sugar starved." I said and she chuckled while our dads were in the living room, chatting about whatever dads talked about.

Business? Probably.

"Moving on, I had my private detectives work with yours to trace whoever's been taking money out. It's already weird the exact same amount has been taken out of both companies on the same day, at the same time." Lance said, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Before I forget, Taylor told me to tell you to call her." Tristan slowly spoke up, interrupting Lance again who pursed his lips in annoyance, while I frowned.

"Taylor? When'd you talk to her?" I asked when Arthur chuckled.

"Like, everyday." Arthur said when Tristan shot him a glare and I looked between the two curiously.

"Is there something I should know about?" I asked when Tristan choked on his cupcake, pretending to die.

"Stop acting Tris, we all know you're trying to avoid this talk." Arthur said hitting his back repeatedly while he pretended to gag.

"I'm fine." He coughed, getting up before excusing himself to go out for some air.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked when Arthur shrugged.

"Ask your friend. They've been texting 24/7. I smell something fishy." He said rubbing his hands together while I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm sure Taylor will tell me. Now, what were you saying Lance?" I turned to my eldest brother who looked away from his phone and sighed heavily.

"I have some... concerning news. Now that Tristan isn't here, I heard Olivia and Josephine talking about some things" He said and we all frowned.

"Oh, should we like... leave?" Aidan asked scratching the back of his head nervously.

"It's alright, stay." Lance said and he nodded, sitting back down next to Aveline while Adam scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"What is it?" I asked curiously when he looked at Arthur briefly before speaking.

"I had to return home suddenly yesterday since I forgot some documents in my office. I was passing by Olivia's room when I heard them talking about bank information. More precisely, dad's and mine." He said and I frowned.

"Yours? I mean, I understand dad's but yours?" I said and he nodded.

"Exactly. They spoke of transferring a large amount of money by the end of this month to someone on the phone. I'm not sure who they were talking to though. And then your name came up." Lance looked at Adam thoughtfully.

"Mine?" Adam asked and Lance nodded.

"Something along the crisis at hand and chaos everywhere. Josephine told the person she was talking on the phone with to meet the bank manager who'd help them out." Lance finished.