- 1 4 -

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

I looked at her still working on something, so focused on her work that she didn't notice me coming into the office, until I sat down beside her, did she look up at me with a strange expression.

"Why didn't you eat?" I asked her, looking at the dishes in front still untouched.

"Me?" she asked, bewildered.

"Yes, you. Why didn't you eat?" I asked her again but she just stared at me.

"This is your breakfast, why would I eat it?" She answered, a bit too honestly.

"I got it for both of us, Ms. Edward, now eat." I ordered her and she took a plate, put some pancakes in it then passed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked

"Your breakfast, now eat." She mimicked me and shoved the plate in my hands, then made another one for herself.

She put an unhealthy amount of syrup and cream on hers, then was about to put cream on mine when I caught her hand.

"What are you doing?" I eyed the bottle like it would kill me.

"Adding cream, you don't like it?" she asked me so I left her hand while she carefully put it on my pancakes, giving me another side glance before digging into hers.

"Mmmm" she moaned and my head shot up and I glanced at her, with her eyes closed, my throat clogging up and heat rushing all the way down my body.

Not a good time to be fantasising.

"These are really good! Where'd you get them from?" She asked me excited/

"Here." I answered, not wanting to say anymore.

After finishing, she pushed the box of cupcakes in front of me and motioned to take one.

"I don't eat too many sweet things." I said lazily, earning a glare from her before she took out a chocolate cupcake from the box and put it on my plate.

"Eat it." she ordered me and I glanced at her with an amused expression, before smiling and taking a bite.

It is good, I thought to myself.

"Are you done yet?" I suddenly asked her and she looked up at me.

"I'm almost done, just a few things left." She looked at her papers then back at me, while I simply stared at her face, watching a frown form.

"What? Is there something on my face?" She asked me, fumbling around and looking for something.

"Yes, there's some cream... on your... on your lower lip." I told her then looked up at her.

She tried to wipe her lip with a tissue, but missed, making me chuckle.

"What?" she asked, still smiling.

"It's on the other side, here, let me." I said and inched closer to her, bringing my left hand to her face and my right thumb up to her lip, and wiped the cream with it slowly.

I looked at her eyes while cleaning my thumb on a tissue, my gaze remaining on hers the whole time.

"Is it-..Is it gone now?" She asked lowly, and I threw a glance at her eyes then back at her soft lips which were now only inches apart from mine.

If I could kiss them...

"Yes." I said, releasing a small breath, still looking at her lips, with my left hand still on her face.