- 4 7 -

Well Shit, things just took and unexpected turn.

I looked at Michael Woods, standing in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"Very sweet indeed." He spoke slowly, looking at our intertwined hands. I was screaming at him on the inside, but was frozen on the outside.

"What do you want?" Adam growled at the both of them and they finally diverted their attention from me to look at Adam.

"Oh nothing much. Just came to see you Adam. I really missed you." Milani came forward towards him and I could feel him tense up beside me.

Now is not the time to freeze, you gotta help him.

I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry, but we're a bit busy right now. Maybe it'll be better if you came some other time? Or not at all perhaps?" I smiled at her sweetly and she looked at me, turning to face me then walked to stand right in front of me. 

I didn't flinch, but looked at her with confidence, staring her down. I could feel her squirm under my gaze and she looked away suddenly with a short laugh.

"Wow, she's intense. I can see why you like her Adam. You always liked your women intense." She smirked at me and I faltered, looking away and taking a step back. Adam noticed this and his grip on my hand tightened.

"If there's nothing else, you may leave." He told her in an angry tone and she laughed.

"Why so uptight? Ugh I can't believe you were about to marry this girl Mikey." She told her brother who looked at me before grinning.

"She wasn't like this. She was more fun, let loose, particularly fond of danger and dangerous men." He looked at Adam whose jaw was clenched.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you." I told Michael whose grin grew even wider.

"Oh I'm not disappointed, not all all. I think you're even hotter now." He walked towards me and I stepped back. His hand reached out to touch me but Adam caught his arm in time, his grip firm.

"Don't ever fucking touch her. Or you'll regret it very much." He warned him and shoved Michael away. Michael chuckled and Adam glared at him.

"I see why you like her. I mean, she was wild in bed." He said and it felt like my soul had dropped out of my body. 

Adam's body tensed beside me and his jaw clenched, his eyes full of anger, when Lance walked into the room suddenly.

"Belle, I need you to help me with some-..." He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw my face which was as pale as a ghost and then at the people in front of us.

"What are you doing here?" He spoke suddenly when Michael and Milani turned to look at him.

"Oh I just came with my sister but happened to stumble upon this beauty here." Michael winked at me and Lance came forward, grabbing Michael's collar.

"This is the last time I'm warning you, and I won't repeat myself the next time. Don't ever fucking come near my sister again." And he shoved Michael away, who stumbled a bit but regained his footing, looking at Lance with fear. 

Even I could feel Lance's anger. The way his eyes were on fire, it scared the hell out of everyone and Milani took Michael's arm.

"I'll see you again Adam, and next time it'll probably be my hand you'll be holding." She gave me a disgusted look before they both walked out and I released a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

Adam turned to me and held me by my shoulders, looking into my eyes. "Rose, are you okay?"

Lance came to me and Adam moved away, while Lance took my hands.