- 8 1 -

"Bloody hell." I winced, flapping around my arm in the air because the pack of chips in my hand was too hot and I had suddenly grabbed it from the warmer part of it when someone chuckled from behind me.

"Oof, let me get that for you." A deep voice spoke from behind me as someone grabbed my pack of chips and another shopping bag I was horribly balancing.

"Thank you so-" I turned to thank the person but my words instantly died in my throat as I looked at the man now in front of me.

Light brown hair, light hazel eyes, a small stubble, sharp jaw and a muscular chest is what greeted me.

I looked up into those hazel eyes as a small smile stretched across his face and I realised I'd been checking him out and instantly averted my gaze, my cheeks heating up.

"Hi." I said with a small smile when his grew bigger.

"Hey there yourself." He replied before gesturing to the apartment complex behind me.

"Need a hand?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes please, thank you." I smiled gratefully, leading him inside and up towards the second floor where my apartment was.

"Oh, look, we live on the same floor." He said as I turned towards him and frowned, looking at the door of the only other apartment on this floor other than with mine.

"You live here?" I asked and he nodded.

"Hey there neighbour." He said cheekily and I smiled as well.

"Hello to you too, neighbour." I unlocked my door and kicked it open with my foot.

"This way." I said, letting him in and placing all the grocery bags on the kitchen counter before putting two fries in my mouth.

"Thank you, would you like some tea?" I asked and he smiled a bit.

"I'd love to, thanks."

"Alrighty, make yourself at home." I gestured to the open floor plan and he went ahead and sat on the couch, looking around while I made some tea.

"Here." I handed him his cup which he took with a small thank you.

"I haven't seen you here before." I said when he shrugged.

"Well, I wouldn't say the same since I have seen you around a few times, dressed up either too formally or too-"

"Shabbily?" I asked when his eyes widened.

"Your words, not mine. You looked great either way." He said when I smiled, a little unsure.

"So, mysterious new neighbour, do you have a name?" He asked cheekily as I sipped on my tea.

"Isabelle." I said.

"Isabelle. Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He said, making me blush a bit.

"And yours?" I asked.

"Aaron, at your service, milady." He said, making me chuckle at him.

"How long have you lived here, Aaron?" I asked.

"England, all my life. Here? It's been three years." He said proudly.

"And you?"

"Well, I was born in England, raised here for a few years before my family moved to the U.S, then I came back here for college, went back to the U.S, and now I'm back again." I said taking a deep breath at the end when he whistled.

"Sounds like a long journey. Where'd you live in the U.S?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"Near New York. Have you been there?" I said and saw his nod.