- 2 9 -

I went home and collapsed on my bed. Like literally, collapsed. I was dead tired and can I just say, confused?

What the hell was going on? My life was far from interesting and things had dramatically escalated in less than a month. Let's see.

I almost kissed a really hot guy but then got interrupted, twice. Then I actually fake-kissed him in front of a woman who was most probably his ex, then I saw my ex, twice. 

That's more than I've seen of him in the last two years, and as it turns out, both our exes are siblings. 

Awkward

Then he fake-kissed me and complimented my outfit and called me sexy (I don't mind that part though) and now the same guy is coming to dinner. Tonight. At my place. 

Things can't get any smoother than this. 

Oh and did I mention I also cried in front of the man and went to a dinner with him?

"Ughhhhh!" I groaned in frustration when suddenly the door to my room was opened and I hared the clacking of heels, and I sat up but regretting doing so instantly.

Here we go again.

"You might already know this, but Adam Thorne is coming over to have dinner with us, and I expect you to not be there because Olivia likes him too much and I can't see her heartbroken. You've already caused her so much pain. Have some heart!" Josephine stated just as Olivia barged in as well.

Have some heart? Look who's talking.

"Mommyyyy! I found the perfect dress for myself!" Olivia squealed but then looked at me and scowled.

"Mommy, tell Isabelle to stay out of Adam's and my way. We're destined to be together, and she keeps butting in." Olivia pointed her index finger at me and pouted.

God she's so fake.

"Don't worry darling, she won't show her face if she knows what's good for her." Josephine gave me a meaningful glare.

"Especially after that stunt she pulled at the party, jumping on him and kissing him, how dare you embarrass our family?" She glared at me once again.

"Don't worry, it was fake, so you can have your shot with him. I. Don't. Care." I stated. 

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for dinner unless you can tell Lance why I couldn't join." I smiled at her sweetly, making her think for a moment before scowling.

"Fine. But don't you dare upstage my daughter!" Josephine huffed and stormed out, followed by a very proud Olivia.

What's there to upstage? I thought and chuckled, dragging myself out of bed and towards the closet.

I didn't really care about this dinner so I wore a black dress I designed a few days back along with my favorite black heels, keeping in mind dad's and Lance's instructions to dress nicely.