- 5 -

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

"Wait here, I'll go in" I assured my driver as I unbuckled my seat belt and made my way to the cafe across the street, one I've been coming to for nearly the past year every morning for their coffee.

I wasn't one to like things so easily but something about this place just had me hooked. It must be their coffee, I thought. What else could it be?

Upon making my way in, I noticed the heavy crowd forming and decided to wait in line. It had been nearly five minutes when I heard someone laughing loudly from one of the corners.

It was infectious, the laugh, and it wasn't in my resolve to just ignore it when I looked in the direction of the laughter, and saw two young girls laughing loudly.

I could see one of them, who had her face towards me, with honey blonde hair and deep brown eyes, while the other's back was facing me.

I could see strands of brown hair flowing down her back, and she was wearing black pants and a beige sweater, along with a hat on her head.

When she tilted her head a bit, I saw that she also wore sunglasses, making me smirk at how stupid this girl must be to wear glasses inside the cafe, even though it wasn't that sunny outside either.

Still, I envied their freedom to laugh and to enjoy themselves. My turn came sooner than expected and I had my coffee in my hands in less than five minutes.

I took a sip, moving from the cashier who kept batting her eyelashes at me to grab my attention.

But I'm used to it now.

Moving away towards the window, I felt the crowd getting heavier so I decided to move out.

I was about to turn around when someone bumped into me, a girl, to be precise, but I caught her by the waist and pulled her up, holding my coffee in place so it wouldn't spill.

I heard a sigh of relief but then she lunged at me again and this time with force, knocking my coffee cup from my hands and causing it to fall on me and stain my shirt.

Just fucking great.

"Fuck" I muttered and looked up to see it was the same girl with the glasses, then at the stain on my shirt, my patience running thinner by the second.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you, I'm really sorry!" She kept on rambling and grabbed some napkins from the nearest table and started dabbing at the stain, a futile effort, until I held her wrist tightly demanding her to stop.

"Just stop! Look at what you've done! I've got a meeting in 30 minutes and you've soiled my shirt!" I yelled, fuming with anger when she looked up to look in my eyes.

"I'm really sorry sir, I didn't see you there, I'll pay for the damages and the dry cleaning. Actually you know what, I'll get you a new shirt, but I'm really sorry, sincerely." She apologised but it only made me angrier for some reason.

"What good will cleaning or buying me a new shirt do now? I've got a meeting to attend and you've... fuck it!" I huffed in annoyance, hearing her apologise again, telling me that she really didn't see me.

I figured this was one of the same pathetic attempts women make to flatter me. Trust me, there's been worse scenarios than this one, and all the drama just to get my number.

"Well how would you see, are you blind or something? Why are you wearing sunglasses inside the cafe?" I exclaimed, growing more frustrated than angry. But what she said next surprised me.