- 6 9 -

We had reached the penthouse in a fairly short time and I led Adam upstairs towards the bedroom. Making him sit on the bed, I touched his forehead and frowned.

"Adam? When's the last time you ate? Or slept?" I ran my hands through his hair when he shrugged, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my stomach.

"Adam, we need to call a doctor. You're burning up." I tried to tell him but he only grunted in response when I tried to pull away from him.

"No." He grunted, tightening his hold around me when I sighed.

"Then let me at least take care of you." I whispered and bent down, sitting on my knees so I could look into his bloodshot eyes.

"You want to tell me what happened?" I asked him softly as I pulled his blazer off his shoulders, then proceeded to unbutton his shirt carefully.

"Your ex called." He replied, making my fingers freeze midway as I was working on the third button, my eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"What did he want?" I asked, trying to sound as if I didn't care but truth was, I knew Michael might have said something that led to Adam being like this.

"Said my love would never be enough for you." He started when I pursed my lips together in annoyance.

"And that you'd always go back to him because in the end, you loved him more than anything because he was your first love." He gritted out through clenched teeth as I took the shirt off of him, revealing his chest.

"What else?" I asked in hesitation when Adam sucked in a breath after I moved towards working on opening his pants.

"That you were going to marry him." He rasped out, making my movements still before I pulled his belt out and helped him take off his pants.

"Is it true?" He asked me once he was only standing in front of me in his boxers, making it very hard for me to focus so I chose to look at the wall behind him as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"That I was going to marry him?" I briefly made eye contact with Adam before averting my gaze and smiling sadly.

"Yes, then it's true." I whispered and heard his sharp intake of breath.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked lowly, and I could hint the hurt in his tone.

"I don't know." I shook my head in disappointment as tears laced my eyes.

"Look at me darling." He rasped out and it took everything in me not to break down in front of him as we made eye contact.

Even after trying very heard to control the water works, a stupid, lone tear fell from my eyes and I harshly wiped it with the back of my hand, instantly bringing my gaze to the floor.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, a slight sob breaking through me and in the next moment, I was in his arms as he cradled me to his chest.

"I'm so sorry, I should have told you. I was just so scared of what you might think of me. That maybe you wouldn't want to be with me." I said, my voice cracking at the end as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's okay baby, I believe you. I trust you, with everything in me. You never have to be afraid of what I might think of you. I love you, so, so much." He whispered into my hair as I wrapped my arms around his warm body, instantly remembering his temperature.

"Shit, you're still hot." I pulled away from him quickly and led him to the bed, making him comfortable and pulling the blanket over him.

"I know." He said smugly as I rolled my eyes at him and was about to walk away when he took my hand, stopping me in place.

"Where are you going?" He asked me when I pointed to the closet.

"I need to change my clothes." I said when he nodded, running his eyes over my body before offering me a fuck boy smirk.

"Or you could just join me naked." He winked at me, causing my face to burn as I blushed furiously and slapped his hand away.

"Idiot." I playfully rolled my eyes before walking over to the closet and took out my comfy pajamas and stripped out of my outfit when my eyes landed on one of Adam's t-shirts.

Thinking for a moment, I quickly pulled it out of the pile of clothes and put it on, sighing as the soft material made me feel safer and Adam's scent lingered around me. 

Going back outside, Adam's eyes came to me before they ran over the frame of my body, a satisfied smile playing on his lips when he looked at me.

"You look good in my clothes." He commented as I sat on the edge of the bed, right next to him.

"Thank you." I blushed under his intense gaze, biting my lip while he watched my face curiously.

"About what you said earlier..." I started and saw Adam's slight frown as I brought up the subject again.

"You don't have to worry about anything Adam. I only want you. I only need you, and you're enough for me." I assured him, covering his hand with my own, I saw his slight smile.

"Your love will always be more than enough for me. I could never want anyone else. Never need anyone else, but you." I confessed and saw his midnight blue eyes shining with pure joy.

"You don't know how much that means to me Rose. How much you mean to me because baby, your'e it for me." He said pulling me closer to him and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me with a new found passion as he conveyed all his love through the kiss we shared.

It was all I could ever need.

He pulled me next to him in bed and wrapped his arms around me, his head on my chest as I slowly ran my fingers through his hair, humming a random melody.

"I love you baby. Always." He muttered before I felt his breathing become slower, realizing he must have fallen asleep.

"I care for you too Adam. More than you know." I whispered, placing a kiss on the top of his head as I continued to caress his hair and before I knew it, I was out like a light.