- 9 -

- I S A B E L L E - E D W A R D -

"What?" I snapped my head to where Tristan sat behind me while I got ready in my room.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking.Whatever was going on inside the head of Thorne?" He asked, then looked at me and smiled while I looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him simply, turning my head back towards the mirror to make my hair.

"What are you not telling me Belle?" He asked me, and this made me stop in my tracks, and I sighed.

"Look, I went to the cafe today to have coffee with Taylor, and then there was a sudden crowd and I slammed into some guy, twice, and the second time I knocked over his coffee which apparently left a really big stain on his shirt." I told him, looking at his baffled face.

"But just so you know, I was pushed, I don't bump into random strangers normally." I rambled, trying my best to defend myself.

"Anyway, he blamed me, we had a little argument and I kinda took off my glasses and then everybody around us stared at me and I guess some of them recognised me, not good, I know." I raised my hands up in surrender while my brother listened intently.

"Just don't tell Lance, please. And then I left the cafe and paid for his spilled coffee and said I would pay for the shirt too but he made a fuss like a kid, and then I bumped into him again today, as you saw, and that's pretty much it." I stopped for a second to catch my breath then continued.

"Please don't tell Lance, please." I pleaded, watching amusement dancing in his eyes.

Tristan blinked once, then twice, and then laughed.

"Wow B, didn't think you had it in you. Anyway, it's fine but that wasn't really what I was asking about." He made a sheepish grin and I sat staring at him to continue.

"What I meant was, is there any special reason as to why he was staring at you the whole meeting?" He asked and I thought about my words carefully.

"No, I'm not sure... Maybe because I had the audacity to curse him?" And that left me and Tristan laughing hysterically until one of the maids came with my dress.

"We'll be leaving in 20 B, hurry up, okay?" Tristan told me as he got up from my couch.

"Okay, I just need to change." I told him and he left the room.

I went to my closet to wear the dress that was apparently chosen by my brother dearest, Arthur, because I had to accompany them to a club for a meeting with the Thornes.

But the meeting wasn't formal, we just had to get to know each other apparently, as Lance told me, since we signed the contract. It had been two weeks since we signed the contract and I had not seen Adam Thorne anywhere.

Good for me though, at least I wouldn't have to waste my time with the Greek God.

Wait, did I just call him a Greek God?

I slapped my forehead and quickly slipped on my dress, admiring my reflection in the mirror.