- 6 2 -

I woke up to numerous notifications chiming on my phone, groaning when my peaceful sleep was ruined.

Grumbling under my breath, I turned to look behind me when I felt colder than usual, my eyes narrowing beside me at the empty space.

Where'd he go?

Sitting up in bed, I looked around the room and surely, there was no sign of Adam. Pulling the covers off from myself I got out of bed and figured he must be downstairs. 

Pulling my hair into a messy bun, I brushed my teeth and washed my face to get rid of the sleepiness from my eyes. 

Putting on one of Adam's hoodies, I went downstairs, shocked at what I saw. Papers, files, folders and what not scattered everywhere. 

What the hell?

Moving towards the mess, I tried to gather them and put them aside on a nearby table, frowning when I saw different bank statements and photocopies of bank checks ranging to millions, all with Adam's signature on them.

What is this?

Confused as hell, I went back to the room and unplugged my phone and tried dialing Adam's number, but it went to voicemail every time I tried. 

Getting worried now, I scrolled through the numerous messages and opened the ones from Lance.

"Okay, we'll talk about the interview tomorrow."

"Are you awake yet? We need to talk."

"Belle? Don't tell me you're still asleep. I'll call later since I'm in a meeting."

"For fuck's sake are you even alive?"

"Okay, now I'm worried, even Adam's not picking up."

"Never mind, I met Adam and talked to him."

"We need to talk about some important things, call me when you get my message."

"Sweetheart where are you? I'm worried."

"Jeez, what did you do last night?"

"Are you okay? Tell me you're okay."

"We desperately need you here Belle, Adam's gone berserk."

Ignoring all the messages, my eyes fixed on the last one as a crease formed between my eyebrows.

Adam's gone berserk? What the hell does that mean?

Dialing Lance's number, I heard two rigs before he picked up.

"Lance, hey I-..."

"Are you okay? Tell me you're fine and not dead." Lance's concerned voice cut me off.

"Yes, I'm okay.  I just overslept a bit." I said and heard his breath of relief.

"Okay, that's good. But we really need you here right now. There's been a problem at Adam's company and he's gone crazy. Been throwing a tantrum since morning." He said worried, making me frown.

"What happened? Is everything alright? Is Adam okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yes... Well, no. He's been screaming and shouting on literally everyone and firing people for the smallest mistakes. There's been a huge loss at the company and its affected ours too. Someone has been taking out money illegally." Lance explained, making my eyes widen.

"What? How? Why?" I asked confused and heard his sigh.

"I don't know Belle, but I'd suggest you come down here because we can't seem to help him calm down. Don't want to hurt himself, now do we?" He spoke as I fumbled through the closet for clothes.