- 2 5 -

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

Walking back behind Belle as the dance finished I could feel the anger in her brother's gaze as he looked at me, then smiled faintly at Belle.

"Did you have fun Belle?" Arthur asked her sarcastically.

"Oh you have no idea! Adam is such a good dancer, I could go for another round." She suddenly linked her arm with mine, rendering me speechless and causing Arthur to glare at me.

Suck it up.

I chuckled and looked at her, quite surprised, before I understood what she meant. 

"Really? And I thought you were the better dancer. But if you insist, I have no problem with another round." I decided to play along and smirked at her brothers, who were now fuming with anger.

"Isabelle. A word." Was all Lance said and left, making her following him, but not before rolling her eyes.

She's got guts. Damn. 

I wondered what they could be talking about, before she came back with a  displeased look, when she looked at me and gave me a small smile when I smiled at her, but not before Gareth came and took her arm, offering her a drink which she downed within seconds.

Gareth laughed at her and took her glass from her hands, setting it away, and linked her arm with his again. 

Son of a-...

And then I heard the voice I dreaded, stiffening like a rock, a cold expression on my face as the familiar face approached me.

"Adam, darling! I missed you, where have you been all this time?" She said so sweetly it made me cringe. 

Everyone else turned around to see who the voice belonged to, except me, who glanced at Isabelle quickly and sent her a silent plea for help.

I need all the help I can get to get this witch away.

She came in front of me, looking at me with a fake-hurt expression anyone could tell right away, but I didn't even throw as much as a glance at her, only looking at Belle, hoping she would understand.

"Adam, darling, why won't you speak to me? It's been ages since we talked!" She said feigning hut and I swear I saw Belle scoff lightly, and a smirk made its way to my face thinking if she was jealous.

Was she?

Why would she be? It's not like we're together.

But then the woman in front of me made me look at her again as my eyes remained cold and emotionless.

She wore a dress that left nothing to imagination. She looked completely fake. I hated women like these. Women who literally threw themselves at me. They were snakes, only interested in my money and looks, nothing else.

This is why I liked Belle. She was original, honest and didn't throw herself at anyone.

"Milani. Why are you here?" I asked her venomously, now looking at her and giving her my full attention, although she didn't deserve it.

"What do you mean by that? I came to see you, obviously. Don't tell me you didn't miss me." She said again and looked at me flirtatiously. I could hear someone chuckle but didn't glance that way.

I looked at Isabelle nodding at Gareth, then glancing at me. I kept watching her when she suddenly left Gareth's arm and walked over to me, deciding something, then smiling widely, she came to me and held my hands and linked her arm through mine.