- 1 6 -

"Ms. Edward, are you going somewhere?" Mr. Baker asked me curious.

"Yes, I'm going out for a while for dinner. Please tell Lance I'm out with a friend when he comes back." I told him.

"Yes ma'am. Enjoy your evening." Then he shook hands with Adam and went inside, leaving us both alone.

"Isabelle." He spoke, his voice sounding strained and much huskier than before.

Hot.

"Adam." I mimicked him, causing a small smile to tug at his lips.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said in a low, husky voice and opened the door of his car for me.

"You clean up well too." I smiled at him, eyeing his black suit and crisp white dress shirt with the first two buttons open. He grinned at me as I sat in the back seat and he came in after me.

"Let's go Carter." He told his driver and we drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked him curiously.

"You'll see." Was all he said, and we remained quiet the rest of way, although the silence wasn't awkward like I'd thought it'd be as I watched us pass by large and tall buildings.

Upon reaching, I looked out the window towards the fancy restaurant when my door was opened for me, Adam standing outside with his hand held out for me. 

I hesitated a bit but then smiled and linked mine through his and walked with him inside the fancy Italian restaurant. The manager came out and greeted us and Adam nodded his head, letting the manager lead us to our table right in the middle of the restaurant, on a slight platform.

Talk about showing off.

I sat down when Adam pulled my chair out for me, then he sat down in front and ordered for both of us. We drank the wine that came first and I noticed the waiter eyeing me, and so did Adam.

"A fine drink for the lovely lady." He smiled at me flirtatiously, and I saw Adam clear his throat and glare at him, causing the waiter to scurry away.

"So your'e a designer, yes?" Adam asked me suddenly and I looked up at him.

"Yes. I have my own Boutique." I answered and he nodded.

"So have you designed any clothes yet?" He asked me with curiosity, making me smile slightly.

"Yes, I did open my boutique two years back and it was very successful, but I had to close it due to some... personal problems. I still have to reopen it." I answered, avoiding his gaze in case he asked me the 'why?'.

"How long has it been closed?" He asked again after taking a sip of his wine and I did the same, letting the flavor burst in my mouth, helping me relax before I spoke again.

"More than a year now." I answered him without showing any emotion but anyone could tell it was a sore topic for me. 

"Where were you this whole time?" He asked me carefully so as to not upset me.

How thoughtful of him.

"At home." I answered, looking around the lavishly arranged restaurant and the couples and other people sitting close by, enjoying their food.

"For one year? You didn't go out or come to the office? Why?" He asked again, surprised.

"Yes, I've been home for the past year. I needed a break... A rather long one though." I chuckled nervously and he noticed it and decided not to ask me about it any further, making me sigh in relief.