- 2 8 -

Shit.

Things just got wayyy complicated, I thought as I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I stiffened immediately on looking back.

Michael Woods.

What is this asshole doing here?

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked and looked at our hands on top of each other.

"Yes. You are." Adam told him off and I could see he wasn't exactly elated to see him here.

"Well, no worries, I just came to grab a coffee and ooh! Brownies!" He exclaimed as he sat down where Taylor was previously sitting and looked at me with rapt attention, while Adam slid his chair closer to mine, draping his free arm on the back of my chair.

Possessive much?

"I still remember this place. It's been so long since I came here last. That was with you, and you look amazing, by the way." He looked at me again thoughtfully before smirking to Adam, whose jaw was clenched tightly.

His coffee arrived and he sat there sipping it slowly and gradually.

"I thought your date was Gareth on the party." He asked suddenly, drawing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes he was, until I ditched him." I answered honestly.

I did ditch him, I thought.

"I believe you. You never lie, after all. Isn't that right?" He looked at me again and I just nodded, suddenly very emotional thinking about the party again.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have to be somewhere, so we'll be leaving now. Enjoy your brownies." Adam suddenly said, getting up and holding out his hand to me, and I took it without hesitation.

At this point, I was ready to follow a clown if it took me out of here.

He held me hand tightly and went to the counter, paying for the coffee and brownies then walked outside, towards his car and he made me sit inside.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts till I was in his car and we were driving away.

"You okay there?" He asked me concerned, and I just nodded my head, still staring into space.

We had to work in his office today so we went there and when we reached, women were already crowding the area waiting for him to come out.

We sat in silence in the car for a minute until I felt someone grip my hand.

"It's going to be okay. Come on now, your brothers are waiting." He said and got out of the car, holding the door open for me.

I swear I saw a woman faint. He then reached for his coat which was lying on the front seat and putting it on, held my hand and took me inside the office.

We went in holding hands and I could see the envious glares thrown my way and the clicking of cameras.

No use now, I thought.

On reaching his office I heard the voices of my brothers coming from inside and quickly left his hand, going inside without glancing back.

They all looked up from the table at me, then behind me towards the person who had just entered. Lance came up to me, smiling and hugged me.

"How are we feeling love?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

"Better, thank you." I told him and I was feeling better already.

"He was there." Adam said suddenly as he sat in his chair and faced us, looking at me, then Lance, who had his jaw clenched by now, and I took this as a sign that he understood who Adam was talking about.