- 7 -

"Isabelle Rose Edward," I said calmly. "Designer, shareholder, and... heiress... to Edward David George".

And then silence. Everyone looked up to me when I said my name.

Should've just remained MIA.

Arthur cleared his throat, "Mr. Thorne, Isabelle is our youngest sister."

"Really? Interesting." Said Adam, as if enjoying something. "A pleasure to meet you Ms. Edward."

I nodded curtly before he left my hand, and I moved to where I was sitting, beside the head chair with Lance.

Soon the presentations started and all eyes were on the screen except one- Adam Thorne. I tried to steal a glance towards him to see if he was still staring at me, and yes, he was.

And when he caught me looking, he smirked, so I glared at him but he didn't look away. I caught Lance looking in Thorne's direction to see him staring at me and he cleared his throat to grab his attention.

Did I mention my brothers were really overprotective of me? Especially Lance. If he saw any man within a ten-mile radius of me, he would glare daggers at them and they wouldn't even think of me ever again. Ever.

Anyhow, I took as many notes as I could. Although I did feel uncomfortable under Thorne's gaze, I didn't let it show on my face. 

This was what I was good at, no one could guess what was going on in my mind or read my expressions.

After the presentation, everybody discussed the project details while I sat listening to them intently, although aware of the gaze still on me every now and then, I didn't dare expose my emotions.

After the discussion was finished, everyone in the room turned to take a look at me, waiting for me. I looked at Arthur who simply nodded and I understood.

"We'll discuss the rest and we'll let you know as soon as possible. Thank you for your time Mr. Thorne, Ms. Thorne." I looked at the pair of deep blue eyes looking back at me intensely and I stood up, never leaving his eyes.

"I hope I didn't waste much of your time, Mr. Thorne, you looked as if you would miss a very important meeting." I grinned slyly, watching his smirk widen as he came close to me, and then held out his hand.

"Not at all. I hope I can see you again." With that I shook his hand and he grinned, then left the boardroom followed by his younger siblings who shook hands with us as well.

A while after the meeting, I sat with my brothers in their office discussing the contract and its terms when Tristan suddenly spoke up.

"He's hooked? Isn't he?" He chuckled and fist pumped Arthur while I looked at Lance in confusion who just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"So what now?" I asked

"Now, we sign the deal. We already have, but it's time you did too, Ms. Heiress." Lance smiled at me and I took the pen from his hands to sign the papers, and set them aside.

"Don't worry, this is just the beginning." he reassured my brothers and me, all of us smiling to ourselves, and I was sure somewhere on the other side of the city, Adam Thorne was smiling like an evil person.

Like the devil, perhaps.

***

An heiress? What could Lance mean by it?

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: What motivates you?

Vote, comment & share!