- 1 7 -

Quickly jumping out of bed after successfully breaking my alarm, I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower, almost slipping on the way out.

I can't believe I'm late.

Running to my closet, I quickly wore the first outfit I could find and putting on my glasses, practically ran out of the house.

When I ran into our office, heads turned my way to see the commotion so I made a show of walking casually but when I realized I was only getting more late, I started running once again and took the stairs instead of the elevator because it took to...

When I ran into our office, heads turned my way to see the commotion so I made a show of walking casually but when I realized I was only getting more late, I started running once again and took the stairs instead of the elevator because it took too long to arrive.

Slamming the CEO office door open, I tripped but someone caught me before my face hit the floor.

"Oof!" I exclaimed but then looked up to see Adam with furrowed brows looking at me.

"Hi." I said weakly and straightened up, then glared at the three men behind him who had suddenly left their seats to see me.

"What the actual hell Lance!" I screamed at him and his eyes widened.

"Were you that mad about me going out to dinner last night that you couldn't wake me up in the morning? Were you seriously that pissed off even when I told you the truth and everything else? I seriously can't believe you now, why would you stoop that low? And then you told the guards not to let me out of the house, or enter here?" I scoffed at him.

"Isabelle." He warned. "Let's talk somewhere else. Not here. Not now."

"No, I'm done talking. I was only here to see if you were really the one who did this but now I'm sure." He said, trying to calm me down but I was done with him controlling me.

"Belle, calm down, okay? Let's talk." Tristan tried to take my hands but I pushed him away.

"I'm leaving. You can talk about all you want, but I'm going. Have fun controlling other people's lives, because I'm done." I threatened and left the office and went outside, still furious, when I  felt someone touch my arm and I turned around quickly.

"What now?" I said a little loud then realized who was standing in front of me. 

Adam Thorne. 

In all this drama I forgot he was standing right behind us the whole time I fought with my brothers.

Talk about embarrassing.

"Sorry. I got a little carried away." I answered, not looking him in the eye.

"It's alright." He stared at me, trying to read into my emotions but I didn't feel like saying anything.

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked to which I nodded.

"Yes, to my boutique." I answered after pushing my bag further up my shoulder.

"Come on, I'll drop you." He motioned to his car which now stood in front of us.

"No it's fine, thank you. My driver's on the way." I said glancing at my phone to check the time, anything to show him I wasn't in the mood right now.