- 3 6 -

"Taylor?.... Taylor?... Taylor!" 

"OH MY GOD WHAT?! Sorry..." Taylor apologized sheepishly when she looked at my horrified face.

"Jeez, what were you thinking of?" I asked nudging her playfully.

"Nothing as interesting as your make out sesh with Thorne." She sighed wistfully.

"Okay, what's wrong? Is this about that guy from work? The one who asked you out." I asked her and she smiled at me, her eyes sparkling.

"His name's Miles by the way, and yeah I went out with him twice now." She said trailing off and looking at something behind me.

"Twice? Wow, you must be hooked already." I chuckled and she smacked my arm.

"He's amazing B, just like I wanted him to be. Kind, caring, honest and he blurts out the most outrageous things when he's nervous!" She squealed with excitement.

"Like what?" I asked her excited when she smiled amused.

"Well, on our second date, we had just finished dinner when he suddenly said that his older brother once slipped on a banana peel and fell into mud, and when Miles ran to help him, he slipped on the same banana peel and ended falling on top of his brother. The people around them thought they were a couple and were making out." She burst into laughter and I found myself rolling of my couch.

"Making out? In the mud?" I said choking on my own spit.

"I know right?!" She said and we continued laughing, doubling over and clutching our stomachs from the pain.

When we finally stopped, we decided to eat the snacks the Taylor had so graciously bought for us.

"So you're seeing Sierra today?" She spoke suddenly after we finished eating our chips.

"Yeah. It's been a while." I told her and she looked at me with a concerned look in her eyes.

"Don't let 'em get to you B. They're just stupid rumors. And as far as what they're about, I think you should just ignore them because they don't seem to be stopping any time soon." She held my hands and I looked at her with a small smile.

"I know, I know. I'm trying my best, but it's just... hard." I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced myself to look at her, but it wasn't long before the tears fell down.

"Hey it's okay. I'm right here with you, yeah?" Taylor hugged me and rubbed my back slowly and I nodded.

"I could just murder the guy. I have no problem doing so you know?" She said suddenly and I laughed. 

Classic Taylor, always knows how to make me laugh.

I pulled away from her and wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"Okay, enough about me, what about you? When's your third date? Are you guys official?" I asked her genuinely curious and she smiled.

"We're going out tonight, and I'm gonna tell him we're officially official tonight. Speaking of, you don't have a dress fit for the occasion do you?" She looked at me hopefully and I laughed.

"Of course I do, come one, let's get you ready. When's he coming?" I asked as we walked towards my closet.

"In an hour, right when you're supposed to leave." She answered.

"Okay then, that's plenty of time for you to doll up, not that you aren't already pretty." I told her and she smacked my arm playfully.

"Okay enough flattery, stop trying to take my mind off the fact that you made out with Adam fucking Thorne!" She squealed in delight and plopped down on the couch in my closet while a looked for a dress for her.