- 4 5 -

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

She surprises me all the time. Her arrow sliced clean through mine, splitting it in half and she left me utterly speechless. 

And then she wore that ridiculously short skirt, which drove me crazy. I saw many men staring at her, even though she was oblivious to it, I had to glare at them to make them look away.

Then she took my breath away when she said 'yes' to me. To being mine. She made me a very happy man, and I'll make her the happiest woman.

We walked into the art gallery hand in hand with a grin plastered on my face. She seemed very excited to see all the paintings in front of us and dragged us towards a group of people.

"Should we go with the guide?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"Don't worry. I'll explain if you don't understand anything. Just ask me." I winked at her and she rolled her eyes before leading me towards the paintings. 

She looked at all of them very carefully, reading their descriptions, but all I could do was observe her. How her eyebrows  furrowed when she focused on things and how her fingers tapped her lip when she was she was deep in thought. 

Adorable.

"What are you looking at?" She suddenly spoke and I snapped out of my daze to look at her striking blue eyes and smiled at her.

I've started smiling so much now, all because of her.

"You. How beautiful you are. How lucky I am." As soon as I said this I saw her blush and look away smiling.

"How do you like it here?" I asked her.

"It's amazing. Thank you for bringing me here." She smiled at me.

We looked at a few paintings before we headed out and sat in the car. Boy was I thankful for the privacy in the back.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked her and she looked at me hopefully.

"Can I choose?" She asked with a hopeful glint in her eye and I just couldn't refuse her pouty lips.

"Sure." As soon as I said this she gave me a wide smile before sliding the partition down to tell the driver something and we drove off.

"What did you tell him?" I asked her and she just grinned at me.

"Can't say. You'll have to see for yourself." I groaned in frustration. I was never one for surprises. We stopped near a small restaurant and got out.

"You brought us here?" I asked her in disbelief as I scanned the crowded area.

"Yup. Deal with it." She grinned at me before taking my hand and dragging me inside. We sat in a table at the corner near the window as I looked at everyone around us.

How could an heiress like her come here?

"You're judging." She smirked and looked at me.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked her and she nodded. She ordered for both of us and she laughed at how uncomfortable I was.

"I just don't understand how someone like you would come here." I asked her and she looked at me and shrugged.

"I came here once to hide from the paparazzi, with Lance, and I loved their food." She gave me a cheeky grin, making me smile. 

Our burgers came soon and she quickly put a napkin in her lap and started eating. I looked at her before spreading a napkin in my lap and I took a bite out of the greasy burger. 

"It's good, isn't it?" She asked me when I swallowed. 

It is good. 

"It is, surprisingly. Although I could've taken you somewhere else if you wanted to eat burgers." I told her and she shook her head.

"Something about places like these just feels warm and.. romantic.." She looked at me nervously before smiling and my heart started beating faster.

Romantic.

I smiled at her and we both ate our food, talking about the most random things every now and then. She even paid for the food even though I wanted to. 

Also because they didn't accept cards here. Only cash.

"Rose." I called her and she looked at me surprised. We were walking in a park nearby and now settled on a bench.

"Why do you call me that?" She asked me and I was confused. She saw my expression before clarifying what she meant. "Rose, I mean. Why do you call me that?"

I smiled and thought for a moment before answering.

"You're like a fragile rose. My rose. So beautiful and yet, so strong." I looked at her but she looked at the ground. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her concerned.

"My mom used to call me that. I used to be her Rose. Now I guess I'm... yours." She spoke slowly and looked up at me, making my breath hitch. 

Mine.

I leaned forward and kissed her, cradling her face while she cupped my cheek, stroking it gently. I pulled away after a few moments and rest my forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry. I can stop calling you that if you want." I whispered to her and she pulled away, making me miss her warmth and shook her head.

"No, I like it. Rose... You can call me that." She said and gave me a small smile before placing a chaste kiss on my cheek and I took her hand, leading her to the car. We sat down and drove away in silence when I remembered.

"I have a party next Saturday. And I'd like you to be my date. Will you? Be my date, I mean?" I looked at her and she smiled before she looked at me.

"I'd love to." She told me, making my insides melt completely. We reached her house shortly and I opened her door for her, then took her hand and kissed it. 

She smiled at me before heading inside with a small wave my way. I sat in the car and drove off, taking out my phone I texted her.

"Did I mention that it's a masquerade party? "

Her reply came after a few minutes.

"Wait, what?"

I chuckled. 

"Design something nice will you?"

She answered quickly.

"For you?"

I smiled.

"For us."

I put down the phone and looked out the window.

For us.

* * *

What's next in store for Adam and Belle? Or should I say Rose? How will they take things now that they're together?

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: What color would you wear to a masquerade party?

Vote, Comment & Share!