- 4 9 -

We drove up to a beautiful mansion adorned with lights and... paparazzi?

I looked out the window while adjusting my mask, a light tea pink color, matching my dress.

"Exactly how big is this party?" I asked my brothers, confused.

"Big enough to host the most important people around." Lance answered while adjusting his mask.

Our car stopped by the entrance and someone opened our door, my brothers getting out while I stayed behind, my nerves getting the best of me.

I can't do this, there's too many people.

I took a few deep breaths when suddenly my door opened and I turned my head to see who it was.

"Rose." Adam called to me with his velvety voice and held out his hand. 

I hesitated at first but then took his hand, getting out of the car, stepping on to the plush red carpet at the entrance. People called out to him but he looked at me only and smiled.

"It's okay, I'm right here with you." He told me, a silver-grey mask on his face. He wore a grey tux with a tea pink bow-tie, matching my dress. 

He looked so handsome, and smelled so good. He held out his arm and I linked mine through his, already feeling a lot more confident as we walked a few steps but were soon blinded by the flashing cameras.

"Mr. Thorne! Ms. Edward! Are you two dating?" One person shouted.

"Is it true that you both are together?" Another one asked us.

"Can you confirm the rumors regarding the both of you?" Someone asked.

"Mr. Thorne! Do you love Ms. Edward?" Another person asked and for some reason this question rung above all others and I felt Adam stiffen beside me.

We ignored the reporters and moved forward, but I knew the damage had been done. I felt Adam sliding his hand down my waist as we posed for pictures, and then I felt his hot breath on my neck.

"You look stunning, love. So stunning you took my breath away." He said with his velvety voice and I blushed.

"You look handsome too." I whispered in his ear and he grinned.

"I know." He said and I smiled at him. 

"Now how bout we add fire to these rumors?" He asked me and I looked at him confused and he smirked.

He leaned down and captured my lips before I could say anything else, bringing his free hand to cup my cheek as I held onto his waist. He kissed me so passionately and left me utterly breathless.

Get a hold of yourself B, the party hasn't even started yet.

When he pulled away, he smiled when the roaring of the crowd became louder.

"We just made out in front of everyone." I whispered to him, wide eyed.

"I know. I want to tell everyone you're mine." He smirked and we went inside the house.

"This is your house, yes?" I asked him once we were inside.

"Yes. This is my childhood home. I grew up here." He answered without any emotion and I looked up at him to see his jaw clenched, when someone called out to us from behind.

"Ms. Edward, we'd like a picture of you, please, without your mask." A photographer asked me and I looked at Adam who nodded before he moved behind me to take my mask off and kissed me on the neck, then moved away smiling.