- 8 4 -

"Isabelle." His voice was cold, emotionless, and yet I could still hint the slight emotion in it. The longing, the regret.

I sucked in a sharp breath, my body tensing at his presence and I knew he wasn't far from me. No, he was right behind me. I could feel him.

I closed my eyes tightly, wishing this was just a dream, a nightmare, but the way his fingers brushed against my hand, I was fully convinced that it was not actually a dream.

Slowly turning around, I let myself drown once again in those deep, midnight blue eyes like th darkest of nights that seemed to soften in the slightest at the sight of me.

I was not prepared to see him. Not yet at least. Or ever for that matter.

He looked so... broken.

His stubble looked a bit over grown, his hair slicked back haphazardly and his eyes dull, his complexion pale.

And yet, he stole everyone's attention and took everyone's breath away.

Including mine.

"Isabelle- Rose... I-It's really you." He whispered, taking a step closer to me but I took one back.

No.

"Isa." Aaron stepped beside me protectively, wrapping an arm around my waist and almost immediately, his eyes flitted down to it and his jaw clenched shut.

"Mr. Thorne, the deal-"

"Is cancelled. I have personal matters to take care of." Adam cut off the man I just noticed behind him who nodded once, pursing his lips before he looked between me and Adam suspiciously.

"I understand. I'll wait for your call if you change your mind." The man said before leaving and Adam didn't deem it necessary to provide him with an answer.

"Belle, I-"

"Don't." I held up my hand to stop him when he had taken a step closer to me.

"Don't come close to me." I said and he nodded dejectedly.

"I understand. Can we talk?" He asked softly, his expression begging me to let him talk to me but I had enough.

"No. You may not talk to me. We were done. We are done. There's nothing left to talk about." I said firmly.

"Please, I need yo- I need to talk to you." He corrected himself, but I was no fool to miss what he was about to say.

He needed me.

"Why?" I asked automatically when he ran a hand in his hair in frustration.

"I-I can't really say, but please, I really-"

"Then no. I don't want to talk to you now, or ever again." I said gritting my teeth when he gulped.

"Please, Belle, just give me a chance." He pleaded when Aaron stepped in front of me.

"She said she didn't want to talk, so it means she doesn't want to talk." He said when Adam glared at my best friend.

"This does not concern you so I'd suggest you get the fuck out of my way." Adam said with clenched teeth.

"Ronny, we're leaving." I said, grabbing my friend's hand and tugging him with me.

"Isabelle-"

"Don't, Adam. Please, just don't. I had made it very clear that we were over. I'd like it very much if it could stay that way." I said and saw his crestfallen expression before Aaron and I left the restaurant.