- 5 5 -

"You good?" He asked me and I opened my eyes slowly and nodded.

"Oh thank god. You had me really scared for a second there." He chuckled nervously and kissed my head. I snuggled closer to his chest.

"Can you drop me at the boutique?" I asked him after a while and he sighed.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." He said and I frowned.

"Why not?" I frowned and he turned me around.

"I don't want you to get hurt sweetheart. Look at what just happened. And I'll be even more worried because I won't be there." He said and I cupped his cheek.

"I'll be fine Adam. Don't worry. Really." I assured him and he gave me a small smile, kissing me slowly.

"Okay, whatever you want." He whispered and I smiled.  

He pulled away and took the plate of pancakes and made me finish them despite my protests. We sat there for a while longer and had coffee and then we both left.

He dropped me at the boutique and kissed me twice before he let me go. I went in smiling and started off my day, instructing the staff on today's aim and getting started with organizing the shelves.

We opened at 10 am sharp and customers piled in. The day went by smoothly and I sat for a short break in my office, drinking coffee, lost in last night's adventure with Adam. 

I bit my lip unintentionally and heard a knock on the door.

"Ms. Edward?" I heard my assistant Abigail and looked at her.

"I've called you twice but you didn't answer. Are you alright?" She asked me concerned and I smiled at her and nodded.

"Yes I'm fine. Was there anything you needed?" I asked her and she came in and put a file in front of me.

"Yes. You have been invited to a famous show for an interview on Wednesday. The questions are in here. Please let me know if you accept so I can inform them."

"Okay. I'll do that." I told her and she left my office. I glanced at the questions briefly and saw they were all about my boutique, very few personal ones. 

I called Abigail and informed her that I'd go and to put it in my schedule. Just then a call from Lance made me glance at my phone. I smiled and picked it up.

"Hey Lance." I said.

"Hello love. How are you?" He asked me and I smiled.

"I'm okay, I think." I said.

"I found out about this morning. Adam told me." He said and my heart beat quickened.

"You do? Is Adam with you?" I asked him.

"Yeah he told me. And he was just with me, he left to pick you up. Are you free now?"

"Yup I'm free now. How's Dad? And Arthur and Tristan?"

"They're fine too. Uh... I have to go now I have a meeting in a few minutes, but have lunch with me tomorrow?"

"Yeah. That sounds nice." I told him and we said our goodbyes.

There was a knock on my door and I told the person to come in without looking up. A shadow loomed over me and I glanced up smiling, knowing who it was.

"You came." I whispered.

"Of course. Come on now." He took my hand and we both walked out. 

I handed my assistant the keys and told her I was leaving. As we drove I looked out and furrowed my eyebrows.