- 1 5 -

- I S A B E L L E - E D W A R D -

I looked at the invitation in my hand, black, with my name in gold on the back.

Isabelle Rose Edward.

I sighed and put it on the desk in the study in front of my brothers.

"So we're supposed to go to a party, yes?" I confirmed, my eyes roaming their wary features.

"Yup." Arthur said, popping the 'p'.

"Okay, and the dress code is black tux for men and... floor length dresses for women?" I asked, confused. "This isn't an era party is it?"

Tristan chuckled. "No Belle, it's not. Famous people from all around are invited. We were invited last year as well, remember?" He reminded me and I nodded, remembering the black invitations lying in the study drawer from last year when I didn't go.

"But we didn't go." I whispered and Arthur nodded. 

"So when is it exactly?" I asked them.

"Saturday night at 8." Lance told me setting his phone on the table after a very long call with Adam Thorne. 

"You have to design our suits, B." He looked at me expectantly and I smiled.

"I know, I'll take your sizes and start working on them today today." I told him and left the room, already running late for my meet up with Taylor at the cafe. Today was Sunday, my day off, and I fully intended to make the most of it.

I entered the cafe and saw Taylor sitting at our usual spot, typing away furiously on her laptop.

"Hey there." I said as I approached and signaled Martha to bring our usual.

"Hi. Just give me a minute.... Aaaaand..... Done!" She closed the lid of her laptop and looked at me expectantly. 

"So, what's up?" She said, propping her elbows on the table and giving me an intense glance.

"Nothing's up. But I am supposed to go this really big party on Saturday." I told her excitedly.

"Really? Wait, this Saturday?" I nodded my head then told her how I'd be designing my family's clothes, well for everyone except Olivia and Josephine.

"Wait, why are they invited?" Taylor asked me, confused when Martha came with our coffee and brownies.

"Thank you, Martha. Courtesy I guess, because of dad probably." I replied to her, while she was deep in thought, I enjoyed my first brownie.

"Could be so..." She said, seemingly distracted.

"So how's work?" I asked her to which she looked at me with rapt attention.

"Oh B, it's going so well and everyone's so friendly there, really willing to help out and all. I even met a really cute guy, and he was so kind and sweet. He also kind of asked me out." She said it all in one breath and I had to lower my glasses a bit to look at her sparkling eyes.

"Really? I'm so happy for you Tay, you deserve someone sweet and kind." I chuckled at her happy reaction.

"What about Thorne?" She leaned in curious, and I looked up at her from my coffee mug.

"What about him?" I asked, trying to look like I wasn't at all interested in this conversation.

Was I interested though?

"Does he have a girlfriend?" She asked curiously.

"Ask him yourself." I answered her casually, earning a glare after which she smiled again.