- 2 3 -

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, calming myself down, counting to ten, just like Lance had taught me.

"Sweetheart, you okay?" Adam turned towards me and I nodded at him then glanced at the man in front of me, causing Adam to look at him as well.

He understood something was wrong, and held out his hand towards him.

"Adam Thorne, and you are?"  He asked, a cold expression on his face.

"Michael Woods. So good to finally meet you." He said sarcastically then looked at me. 

"Isabelle, wow..." He looked me up and down, making me uncomfortable. 

"You look beautiful, as always..." He said looking at my eyes finally.

I won't let him break me. He can't affect me, I told myself, and I looked into his eyes confidently, burning inside.

"Are you with him?" He asked, pointing towards Adam and I nodded. 

"What relationship do you have with him?"

"That's none of your business." I replied, and Adam gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

"How do you know her Mike?" Milani finally spoke.

"Ah, what can I say. I have some amazing memories of my dear Isabelle." He looked at me, then Adam who had his jaw clenched.

"She's used to be my girlfriend, remember Milani, I used to talk about her all the time?" He asked her, and Milani smirked at Adam, a knowing look in her eyes.

"Oh yes, the one you dated last year. I thought I recognized her blue eyes." She said, looking at me and noticing how uncomfortable I was right now. 

Adam Looked at me and noticed my glossy eyes, then tugged at my hand.

"Come on, love." He said to me, kissing me on the cheek, and we turned around when Michael's hand came forward to get a hold of my arm but Adam caught it mid way.

"If you'll excuse us, I have to introduce my girlfriend, to some very important people and we're running late as it is." He said through clenched teeth and shoved his hand away, leading me away from them.

Michael started to follow us and called my name, but when I looked back, Lance, Arthur and Tristan blocked his way, and I stopped in my tracks.

"Turn around Woods, or you'll regret it later." Lance threatened him.

"Come on guys, I just want to talk to Belle." Michael said, smiling nervously.

"I think you've done quite enough, so it would be better if you went back where you came from." Arthur hissed at him and Michael took a last glance at me, then them and went back to Milani.

I suddenly felt really dizzy but Adam held my arm, supporting me.

"Come on love." He whispered to me and led me out of the party towards his car, only to see Michael resting against its hood and smiling at us.

Creep.

"The lovely couple is leaving so soon. Stay for a while, Belle, let's catch up. We have so much to talk about." He came closer to me and I hid behind Adam on instinct.

"I'd suggest you stay away from her if you know what's good for you." He warned him, stopping Michael in his tracks, when I felt someone touch my shoulder and I turned around suddenly, but relaxed when I saw Lance, looking at me concerned.

"It's alright love, it's gonna be okay. Calm down." He came forward and hugged me, relaxing me a little before letting me go and looking at Adam thoughtfully.