- 4 3 -

I felt like I did something bad. I hurt someone before they could hurt me

He's a playboy, he's only playing with you. 

But is he though?

My thoughts confused me as I waited for Taylor to come see me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep on my couch before I felt someone put a cushion under my head and make me more comfortable. 

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Lance and Gareth. I got up and sat straight to look at them.

"Hey, sorry. Didn't mean to wake you up." Gareth said as he sat down.

"It's okay I fell asleep waiting for Taylor." I assured him.

"Are you okay?" Lance asked me, taking my hand and rubbing it softly. I let out a breath and looked at both of them.

"Not really. I messed things up... again." I told them and saw their expressions soften before Gareth opened his arms and I sat next to him while he hugged me.

"What did you do?" Lance asked me concerned, making himself comfortable in the couch across us.

"I'm afraid Lance. And I know you are too. I saw it in your eyes this morning and reality came crashing down on me." I said to him and he ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm not stopping you B, I'm just afraid  for you. I saw you back then and I can't see you like that again. That's all." He answered and sighed. 

"And also because Adam Thorne is an ass." Gareth said and chuckling and I giggled.

"I saw the way he looked at you, The way you looked at him. It's not right for me to stop you. I trust your judgement, but I'm afraid for you." Lance said to me and tensed.

"I know, I like him too. He told me he like me. And he asked me to be his real girlfriend and forget the whole whole fake-dating thing." I told him.

"Fake-dating?" He asked me confused and looked at Gareth who shook his head and then I remembered I hadn't told them about that, so I told him everything. They just sat silently and nodded.

"So now he asked you to be his real girlfriend? After one date?" Gareth asked me confused.

"Yeah. I told him I needed time to think and he said okay." I told them and Lance visibly relaxed.

"Good. Don't rush into anything your'e not sure about. Okay?" Lance told me and I nodded at him.

"And as far as you say you messed up, what did you do?" I sighed and told them everything including the fact that I told Adam that he was the problem.

Lance and Gareth sat silently then looked at each other before Lance spoke after a while.

"That's not good. If I know one thing, you didn't mean it. Tell him that. And as far as the past goes, forget about it. Move on. That's the only thing you can do. And I'll be with you every step of the way. Okay?' Lance said confidently.

I sighed and nodded. "Thank you so much. I needed to hear this."

"I love you B, and I'm willing to destroy worlds to see you smile. That's how much you mean to me so trust me when I tell you this; everything is going to be okay." He looked into my eyes and I relaxed.

"I believe you." I smiled at him, him smiling back at me.

I heard a chime on my phone and picked it up to see a message from Taylor and one from Adam. and I opened Taylor's.

"I'm so sorry Belle, I got caught up in work. Can I come tomorrow?"

I told her it was okay and then taking a deep breath I opened Adam's message.