- 8 9 -

"So its decided?" Aaron asked me the next day when I nodded solemnly.

"Yes. I'm going to see Michael." I said when Taylor squeezed my hand reasuringly.

"It's going to be alright. What does Adam think of this?" She asked when I lowered my eyes and swallowed thickly.

"He stormed out after we told him." I say in a small voice.

"And where is he now?" Aaron asked after sharing a look with Taylor.

"I don't know. He came back sometime when I was asleep and slept next to me but he was gone in the morning again." I said and they nodded.

"But you're still going through with it, right?" Taylor asked when I sat up straighter and nodded.

"I have to confront him. He's in England these days, who knows when we get a chance again." I told them both and they nodded just as the main door swung open and I heard heavy footsteps before Adam came into view.

His eyes flicked to Taylor and Aaron, narrowing before settling on me, I couldn't look away.

"We need to talk." He said and I nodded, both Taylor and Aaron getting up wordlessly and giving me reassuring smiles.

"We'll be right next door if you need us." Taylor told me and they both left quietly as Adam walked over to me and settled on the seat next to me on the couch.

"I had a few connections and arranged security for you." He started when my eyebrows raised in question.

"Secrity? For what?" I asked when he released a harsh breath.

"For your safety, what else? I find that you're going to meet your ex who with his sister tried to get rid of you and I do nothing about it?" He scoffed when I pursed my lips.

"I have to do this, and you know it. There's no way the poilce can get to them without any proof. I need him to say it." I said and he chuckled humourlessly.

"I have connections, we could get them both behind bars with the little proof we already have." He said through gritted teeth when I frowned.

"Then how are we any better than them? Doing illegal stuff just like they did?" I cock my head to a side when he grabs my hand.

"You think your life is a joke?" He asked in a harsh tone.

"Do you think anything else matters to me?" He pulled me closer, cupping  my cheek.

"I wouldn't survive if anything happened to you, sweetheart. I'd die without you." He lowered his voice to a mere whisper when I sighed, holding his hand.

"I'll be okay, I promise you." I tried to tell him but he wouldn't have it.

"You say that everytime you step into danger and each time, you get hurt. I can't let anything happen to you. Trust me on this, sweetheart, let me protect you. Let me keep you safe. Please." He pleaded, his eyes begging me to lean on him and I knew I couldn't refuse the way he was looking at me.

"Okay." I whispered when the hint of a relieved smile appeared on his lips.

"Okay?" He confirmed and I nodded when he pulled me sideways into his lap.

"I love you, darling, and I'm willing to destroy words to keep you safe, got it?" He asked in a darker tone when I nodded slowly, laying my head on his chest.

"Yes. Where did you go yesterday? And today?" I asked him when he sighed heavily.

"To get a favour from someone." He replied and I frowned, looking up at him.