- 4 -

After lunch I went to the store room to get files on the previous designs. On the way I could see people running around the office, all fully awake and it looked as if they were high.

I caught the arm of someone who was just running past me and asked him what was going on.

"It's Mr. Thorne, he's coming right now" The guy looked at me from his round glasses.

"What? Now? Wasn't his visit scheduled for next week?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Yes ma'am, but there were some problems and so he's coming right now, the meeting is in an hour." He said before running off to god knows where, leaving me confused.

I had only walked a few steps when I heard my name being called, and turned around to see my P.A running towards me.

"Ms. Edward, the meeting with Mr. Thorne is in an hour, so you have to get changed into formal attire." Before I could say anything else, she spoke again.

"Mr. Edward asked me to see to it immediately as you will be in the meeting. He also told me to tell you to introduce yourself properly." She said in a tense tone so I gave her a warm smile to ease her nerves.

"Alright then, lead the way." I was confused as hell, but decided to go with the flow and followed my P.A to the small boutique we had in our office for moments like these.

I rummaged through the racks for something formal business attire and came upon the perfect white dress and matching blazer, accompanied with a white heels and a golden chain, and small golden hoops too.

I carried them to the changing room and quickly slipped them on.

When I came out, my P.A held out my glasses for me. I felt myself hesitating for a split second before putting them on.

"Tell me when the meeting starts, I'll be in my office." With that I went out and back to where I was headed, the store room.

After rummaging for what felt like hours, I checked my phone and saw it had been merely 40 minutes.

Seriously?

Gathering all the designs and files I had found so far, I placed them in a big pile and decided to carry them to my office myself because calling someone to help would've been a waste of time. According to me, at least.

Carefully picking up the heap I made my way to my office, and although I could not see anything at the front, I dodged people from the sides and luckily no one noticed.

"Almost... there..." I muttered to myself and as soon as my office door came into view, I dared to try and speed my pace a bit to reach quicker.

But I realised my mistake a little too late when I bumped into something, or rather someone and everything came tumbling down, along with me and the someone I bumped into.

"Oof!" I exclaimed as I fell on the floor with the thud, dragging along the person I bumped into with me when I snatched his or her collar as a last weak attempt to save my life.

The next moment, as I opened my eyes, I could see nearly black ones looking back at me, or maybe it was my glasses that made them look so dark.

Why didn't my glasses fall off?

A moment later I was yanked up by someone after the person on top me kindly decided that it was time to get off.

"Belle! Are you okay?" Was all I heard and then I looked at Tristan staring at me to see if I was fine, and me, looking at all the papers and files cluttered on the floor with a crestfallen expression when I realised I would have to arrange them all over again.

My eyes shot to the man who bumped into me, a small gasp left my lips when I realised it was the same man from the cafe, and I said some things that I regretted a lot later.

Well, kind of.

"Are you mad you asshole? Couldn't you see that someone was walking with so many files and folders?" I stared at the man incredulously who looked bored out of his mind, adding fuel to the fire.

" Did you really not see me? I mean, are you insane? Or are you fucking blind? Now who's going to arrange all those damn files?" I threw my hands up in the air.

"Was this your plan for revenge? Because if it is, it is so fucking sick!" I kept on speaking, completely oblivious to the fact that the man in front of me looked at me with an amused face, while the people behind him looked... shocked? surprised?

I mean, have they never seen someone talk back to this egotistical guy? Or snap, because, I don't know, life was shitty? I mean, JESUS!

The employees of our company just gasped in shock while Tristan tried to calm me down, even though he was failing miserably.

Arthur came running down followed by a very serious Lance, who was, although surprised at the scene, wasn't much shocked to see me in all my bad ass glory. Although looking at the man I was cursing, he had second thoughts.

"Isabelle." Lance called and came up to me confidently, and then shocked everyone, by pulling me in for a hug.

It's just a hug people, nothing special.

Not that I minded, it felt nice but it was also kind of weird when I saw everyone staring at us, along with the man in front.

Lance had his back to the man, and I realised that he hugged me to shut me up.

Classic move, Lance.

"Isabelle. Calm down. It's okay. Okay?" Lance whispered in my ear as I took a deep breath and nodded.

He finally let me go after a few more moments of awkward silence, gave Arthur a nod, who turned to look at me before taking me towards his office.

Well, what a splendid way to start the day.

* * *

Was Isabelle right to lose her mind? Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: Have you ever accused someone of doing something they didn't?