- 3 8 -

I looked at her breathing, so relaxed and calm now, and all I wanted was her to wake up soon. Her breath would hitch every now and then but the doctor said she was okay, and that she'd wake up soon.

I turned to look at her when I heard her whispering something.

No... No. Please... leave me alone." I bent down and stroked her cheek, trying to comfort her.

"Hey, hey. I'm here, I'm here." I whispered softly, hoping she'd open her eyes and she did, sitting up straight suddenly, her eyes searching the room frantically.

"Wh-what? Where am I?" She asked and looked around, confused.

"My office. Here, drink this." I offered her a glass of water from the table, and she looked at me puzzled. 

Looking around her eyes landed back on me and she slowly took the glass, and drank all the water, giving it back and I settled beside her, adjusting her blanket.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked her.

"Better. Thank you." She replied looking at me intently, as if to figure something out.

"I was so worried. Everyone was. You gave us quite the fright." I chuckled nervously and took her hand, stroking her knuckleS lightly.

I was afraid for her. 

Something I never thought I'd fell, and yet, I felt it.

"What exactly happened?" She asked me carefully and I looked up at her from her hands.

"You.. um... fainted. something about rumors?" I asked her but she just nodded, when her expression changed and she looked at me again.

"You.. you were the one who hugged me, right?" I nodded with a small smile.

"I didn't know what to do. I saw Lance hug you once before when you became... agitated so I thought I'd do the same. Did it work?" I asked her hopefully and she smiled, making me relax a bit.

"Yeah. It did wonders. Thank you, it means a lot to me." She looked at me with happiness and I brought my hand to her cheek, striking it lightly.She closed her eyes and relaxed into my touch, making me gulp.

I just want to kiss her again.

When the door behind us opened and her eyes shot open, my hand dropping from her face as I looked behind us to see Lance looking at us.

"Lance..." She whispered and I got up as Lance approached her and hugged her tightly. Tears fell from her eyes and he wiped them away, looking at her with so much emotion.

"Isabelle. You're okay. You're okay." He exhaled, breathing a sigh of relief.

He was scared for her too.

"I'm okay." she whispered back just as Arthur and Tristan walked in, with a smile on their faces.

"Oh thank god you're fine." Arthur exclaimed and took her hands.

"Don't you ever do that to us again. We were so worried!" Tristan sat beside her and ruffled her hair, and I could see how worried they were for her.

They've seen this before, I remembered.

"I'll try not to." She smiled at them and they relaxed.

"Don't worry, I'm okay now.."

"Let's go home, okay?" Lance said, getting up.

"Okay." she said and held his hand for support.

I could ask to carry her, I thought.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Lance asked her but she shook her head. 

"No, I'm feeling much better now. Although, I could use an appointment with Sierra." She said quietly, and Lance nodded grimly before offering her his arm and they walked together.

Who's Sierra? Is she someone important?

"Thanks." My head snapped at her, who was already looking at me.

"Thank you. For everything." She told me and Lance turned around to look at me, before clearing their throat, she smiled at him and they left. 

And now that I have Lance's blessing too, in way, not that I would've cared or listened to him if he told me stay away from her because I just couldn't. 

Not even if I wanted to.

I'd do it again for her anytime.

* * *

Any thoughts on what Adam's feeling? Does it look like he's catching feelings? 

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: Vampires or Werewolves?

Vote, comment & share!